What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
They don't give you a choice, one way trails, which was great until (as mentioned in the Indigo thread) you get fuckwits on motorbikes going the wrong way up the downhill flow section.

My Garmin 820 is starting to show signs of age and it only picked up 800m elevation, as opposed to the Trailforks claimed 1,100. And I recorded 43km.

View attachment 399492

On an XC whippet with my fat chonk on it, the climbing was pretty reasonable. Nothing too technical, but that climb to the peak has some pretty nasty pinches in it.

The ride down from the peak was a metric shit-tonne of fun. The first two-thirds are man-made flow, the last third is untouched original Yack trak, but it's marked out for where they plan to continue.

@ozzybmx @shiny @rockmoose Much of it reminded me of Middle Earth at Fox before the fire. It is very similar to the northern trails at Forrest in the Otways. In fact, take out the Forrest roots, sprinkle in a few patches of the Melrose rocks and you pretty much have Indigo.
Nice, Middle Earth was a good climbing trail. Not been back since the fires. Indigo is on the wish list.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Entered the Mystic

That last photo wasn't the one I was hoping for. Had to stop way too many times to pull out my phone to check Trailforks to see if I was still on the right trail and missed the sun going behind the next ridge over.
It looks like you took a bite or two out of one of those mushrooms. They aren't supposed to be very good for you unless you boil them first and throw the water away to remove the toxins before frying them up. The other option is to get a reindeer to eat them and drink the reindeer piss.
I've never tried either personally.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It looks like you took a bite or two out of one of those mushrooms. They aren't supposed to be very good for you unless you boil them first and throw the water away to remove the toxins before frying them up. The other option is to get a reindeer to eat them and drink the reindeer piss.
I've never tried either personally.
If I thought they'd keep me warm I would have tried! It was dark by the time I rolled back (expected, hence the lights) and I was faarrkkiing freezing.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
If I thought they'd keep me warm I would have tried! It was dark by the time I rolled back (expected, hence the lights) and I was faarrkkiing freezing.
If you ate them you would still be out there and I mean that in both senses. On the bright side you would be laughing while you squirt out both ends and get stomach cramps.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Went for a night ride with @fjohn860 at the You Yangs and saw a bunch of scorpions.(google says it’s a Wood scorpion)
Never seen any there before so was surprised. One had a broken arm and another had a missing arm altogether!
We theorised it must be mating season and they are fighting over the ladies but really NFI.
Heaps of other weird little creepy crawlies out tonight too.
6A7A070D-A169-457D-8E6B-D2730DCA34B2.jpeg

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Winter lunch blats are very pleasant.
100%... I try to get a lunch ride in, if possible. Just to get out, and forget the corporate shjt, to enjoy just riding and the coastal bush.

Most are just 6kms, some are 10kms, and some are 18kms.

The 18km one usually involves a bought lunch, which negates the benefits of the longer riding time.

A 10km one today, and I didn't get rained on... it was sunny and serene.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Amazing pic...
Not mine @Lazmo but will be riding it soon - - https://flowmountainbike.com/features/mount-remarkable-epic-preview/

The soon to be open Melrose epic, not sure on the exact length but around 50km for the epic and an additional descending trail from the top of about 7-8km with 600m drop. It also opens up another few awesome loops that used to have some dirt roads to access including a shit of a climb up a road called Hills Rd (appropriately named) then a long dirt road descent to get to the start, this new trail will make riding there a pleasure.

Exciting stuff.

@Ackland is the Project Manager and knows all the details.