What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Rain poo-poo'd my planned You Yangs ride this arvo, but in hindsight was a blessing in disguise.

Was basically just wanting to test the new bearings and (airy fairy) preload on the very basic RF BB that I serviced earlier in the week. 5kms into a neighbourhood blat, creak, creaky, creak on every high load pedal stroke. Ah fuck.

Straight back home, pulled the cassette hoping it was just the 3 tiny screws holding the cassette together (gotta have faith aye).
And thankfully that's what it was!

BB bearing "preload" seems to be a OK.

Proper mtb ride Sunday an hour or so from home so fingers crossed lol.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I've been down in Melbourne for the weekend. Managed to catch up with @fjohn860 and get out for a blast around Forrest today. Bloody good day out and the trails there are a bunch of fun as long as you're not piloting a big enduro sled - I was definitely glad I hadn't got around to putting longer bars on this bike yet though as damn some of the gaps between trees are tight!

Apparently we did just shy of 22km, which for me only having ridden on hills about three times in the last couple of months (I've been slack, the trails are far away...) - was a lot. So. Much. Fun though. :)
IMG_7338.jpeg

Last edited:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I was definitely glad I hadn't got around to putting longer bars on this bike yet as damn some of the gaps between trees are tight!
Somewhere out on the Superloop, might be Grasstrees or Marriners, there's 2 trees that are nearly chewed in half with handle bars hitting them.

Bits of bark and hair hanging out of them at handlebar height.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Somewhere out on the Superloop, might be Grasstrees or Marriners, there's 2 trees that are nearly chewed in half with handle bars hitting them.

Bits of bark and hair hanging out of them at handlebar height.
Those bars are technically only 740mm wide but I run the grips pushed out a bit so they're more like 755's or something. I brushed the outside of both gloves going through the fork of one tree. :oops:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A long time ago I constructed a trail feature called the tuning fork. It was a pimple through the fork of a tree. Over the years it changed and evolved and these days there's barely even a reminder of its existence...except the big chunks of bark missing from eat side of the fork where the unwary had clipped a bar.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I've been down in Melbourne for the weekend this week. Managed to catch up with @fjohn860 and get out for a blast around Forrest today. Bloody good day out and the trails there are a bunch of fun as long as you're not piloting a big enduro sled - I was definitely glad I hadn't got around to putting longer bars on this bike yet as damn some of the gaps between trees are tight!

Apparently we did just shy of 22km, which for me only having ridden on hills about three times in the last couple of months (I've been slack, the trails are far away...) - was a lot. So. Much. Fun though. :)
View attachment 403452
It was good to catch up for a pedal. And good to ride some of the Yaugher trails when I'm not totally gassed after trying to keep up with @The Duckmeister last time.