What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
Fully 'duro, man.

I'm a dainty 97kg, so went the twin pots :eyebrows::eyebrows:
I was going to get the xc ones and realised every hill for me is a double black diamond downhill run atm with the raw tonnage I am trying to pull up. I reckon I will have the strongest XC brakes on any of our local trails :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was going to get the xc ones and realised every hill for me is a double black diamond downhill run atm with the raw tonnage I am trying to pull up. I reckon I will have the strongest XC brakes on any of our local trails :)
I used to downhill on the X2s. They worked better than a lot of other brakes I have tried.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Took last week off the bike, niggling knee pain. Rode to work today, right knee still hurts like a bastard... Booked into The Mont next weekend so a bit worried!

Then remembered this afternoon I had put my cleats in a new way back (as mid sole as I could on Shimano shoes), so this is hopefully a fuckwits worthy post!

Got a lift home, so will retest the knees tomorrow morning with cleats in a more sensible position!

Klips

Likes Dirt
I've got a reverb stealth with about an inch and a half of sag at the moment. While I like this in my suspension, it's not great in my seatpost. And I could not. Fucking. Find. The. Bleed Port.

Then I checked the manual and I'd been looking at Rev B stuff, and I have a Rev C.

ChopSticks

Banned
spent 4 hours wrench mate's bikes!

mate1: helped him install new tyres (injured his hands and doesnt have enough strength to seat/unseat tyres), bled his reverb (again) and shimano brakes.

mate2: tired to install a new Vivid air shock on his SB66..... but despite having the bushing tool... I couldnt get the 2 stock DU bushing outs..... too scared to go any harder with the vice. I've referred him to his LBS. Will install the remaining fox polymer bushings tomorrow when hes done. Also shortend his front hose and bled his brakes.

mate3: bought a new Scott Genius 720 (650b).... has a few creaks. Did a strip of the headset and re-grease. sounds okay now
Also spent a great deal of time setting up his internally routed KS lev..... my god was it hard!

me: installed a new chain

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Rode my new Maxxis 3C Ardent Race on the front at Gap Creek.
That thing stuck it to every corner - best front tyre I've ever had.
If I tire of the lack of grip on my Ikon, I might put another AR on the back too.
2.4 Maxxis High Roller II on the front and Ardent Race Rear awesome combo for gap creek and brissy trails I reckon

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
First ride in four weeks due to work and a buggered rear hub.

Rode at Taree and 20 mins in, got a stick caught in derailleur and sheared it off in three pieces... Got back to car, tried to run single speed, but couldn't keep it on the cassette... Surprisingly, the rumoured butter-soft sb66 hanger is still straight as an arrow...

Now Bought 2 new derailleurs for next time... And a cassette... And a new chain... Because I could...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Took possession of a shiny new white set of pikes.

In related news, posted off a kidney to complete payment. If you don't hear from me again, it was the wife, in the living room, with the lead pipe......

Beej1

In related news, posted off a kidney to complete payment. If you don't hear from me again, it was the wife, in the living room, with the lead pipe......
She took your kidney out with a lead pipe, in your living room? Jesus...

Today I made my first big CRC purchase in ages, to get the bulk of the parts required for a 1 x 10 conversion, which will happen simultaneously with frame strip & clear-coat, first attempt at DIY fork & shock service, fork respray, total bearing overall of VPP and wheels, and a few cockpit changes.

All to make me love my obsolete 26in bike for another couple of years at least.

soontir

Likes Dirt
Well that was fun. Just took it for a quick ride on the street and the chain started jumping under load.
Then ping, powerlink decided to go elsewhere.
On a brighter not the 40 tooth clearance is much better than the 42. And pretty good spread on the Recon cassette.

soontir

Likes Dirt
In fairness to the cassette. The chain already had a bent link from when the chain guide bolt sheared the other day. I had repaired it. And the powerlink looked a bit dodgy.

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Mate I think knuckles is right, there's probably something wrong with your new cassette,
you maybe should sell it to me, and I'll just put up with it :eyebrows:
it's not that I'm upset at you beating me to it buying it off notime you understand, I'm just worried
about your safety, that's all :lie:

camoshop

Banned
Got to love 3 day delivery
I was worried for at first my dad picked this up for me and the box was ripped open. Everything accounted for though :third: