What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slowmick

38-39"
Thank you all for the well wishes.

I'm actually in an OK head space about it all. Yeah, the DNF sucks, but there's a heap of positives I can pull from it.

What I do need to work on is re-strengthing my shoulder and losing 10-15kg of Dad Gut.

You put in an awesome effort with the chips you had. That is an epic photo for showing the cool stuff you can enjoy all while punishing yourself.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
So I haven't been riding for months due to the relentless shite that's NQ weather and I'm finding it harder to feel any motivation to get on the bike because I know my fitness will be shit and my shoulder aches.

Meanwhile, my daughter's DMR Vault pedals just munched through the drive side crank arm thread and it's totally fucked so I needed to find a replacement.

So... what better way to spark some enthusiasm than with an upgrade!

After a bit of research I found the solution - My daughter will get my son's SRAM SX crankset + Dub BB, my son will get my Race Face Ride crankset, previous alloy RF chainring and my daughter's Shimano BB.

And me? I just bought a new Race Face Aeffect R crankset and I'll put my AbsoluteBlack oval chainring on :)

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
So... what better way to spark some enthusiasm than with an upgrade!

After a bit of research I found the solution - My daughter will get my son's SRAM SX crankset + Dub BB, my son will get my Race Face Ride crankset, previous alloy RF chainring and my daughter's Shimano BB.

And me? I just bought a new Race Face Aeffect R crankset and I'll put my AbsoluteBlack oval chainring on :)
Me, I'd just stay Mum, and look away and put your cranks on your Daughters bike, and the snazzy ones on your bike. If you don't mention it, your Son won't notice.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Me, I'd just stay Mum, and look away and put your cranks on your Daughters bike, and the snazzy ones on your bike. If you don't mention it, your Son won't notice.
He's most likely to need a new bottom bracket the soonest so I figure it'll be cheaper to switch him to the BSA.

mtb1611

Seymour
Predictably unpredictable BOM forecasting suggested the gym was a better option than 2 wheeled exercise yesterday however the sun appeared persistent so hopped on the hardtail for a bit of a Dora the Explorer mission around the 'hood. Headed towards the beach on the Nepean River at Spring Farm, which I hadn't checked out since the last flood a couple of years ago; yowsers, did it cop the kibosh!

sf3.jpg