What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Bought me some new XT M8000 brakes to replace my 8+ year old Juicy 5s. Wow, what a change. They're still not bed in properly yet, but the difference is night and day.

Slightly concerned though, that I'll jam on the brakes too hard and end up over the bars if I'm not careful! ;P

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Gutsy effort to rode ride comms at night... almost guarantee no one else will be up there.

Not that I've night ridden Lysty in a while, but I usually just do the main loop, in case I bin it... you've got some chance of someone coming along.

at one point I was doing it 5 nights a week, have gone OTB twice at night there, the ruts and rocks have moved just that little bit I'm not instinctively familiar with the track, esp down from the top

Minlak

custom titis
Bought me some new XT M8000 brakes to replace my 8+ year old Juicy 5s. Wow, what a change. They're still not bed in properly yet, but the difference is night and day.

Slightly concerned though, that I'll jam on the brakes too hard and end up over the bars if I'm not careful! ;P
Imagine how good it would feel if you had bought brakes with actual modulation like Hopes........ :behindsofa:

Minlak

custom titis
This is what I've been doing, but I had hoped there was a better way. It a shame bikes didn't stick with a valve type more like shcrader. They seem to allow a lot higher air flow.
Like this? This is how I do mine take out core fit adapter uses normal schrader attachment on compressor

schrader presta.JPG

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
On the seating tubeless... with my compressor I was using the rubber tipped nozzle thingo, but I have started using one of these. Take out the valve core and the angled nozzle allows you better access and even though it is metal to metal, I just use my fingers to locate it on the core, which creates enough sealing to do the job. This nozzle has a much larger hole and higher flow than my rubber one, which has quite a small hole... seats them every time... YMMV.

Attachments

BT180

Max Pfaff
Imagine how good it would feel if you had bought brakes with actual modulation like Hopes........ :behindsofa:
Ha! I wasn't going to spend that sort of coin on a bike that will hopefully replaced this year. I read the previous version had crappy modulation, but these feel fine so far.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Re --- seating tubeless.

The other thing that I reckon helps too... if the tyre is a folding tyre, I mount it up with a tube and a fair bit of pressure and leave it over night... just to get it totally in shape without any kinks.

Ivan

Eats Squid
Like this? This is how I do mine take out core fit adapter uses normal schrader attachment on compressor
Nah, I have one of those (2 actually, but NFI where they are hiding). I am talking about not having to remove the core.

like these

large_85160_20150924014058.jpg
I couldn't drill out my current rims to fit them though. Not enough room.

If only someone made a 2 piece assembly that had a schrader head and presta stem.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Tubeless fitting

Get the presta stems with the removable valves and a tyre inflator, cut the end off the hose of the tyre inflator, remove the factory coupling, fit a hose clamp to it and connect it straight to the stem after you have removed the valve. Don't use them cheap arse hose connector fittings or air regulators on the tyre inflator from your compressor hose as they restrict the flow of the air. You can have the biggest air hose you can find but if you have one small restriction in it, it will be useless when you want a big rush of air.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Fitted Avid Elixir Rs to my DJ bike, replacing the Elixir 3s which are going on a budget street bike build. Sideways upgrade or what? Hey they were cheap and have reach adjust... what luxury.

Will they perform any better? Until the replacement for my busted crank arrives who knows... unless I get the bike out on the street and scuttle it along Fred Flintstone style. :wacko:

DSC_0390.JPG

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
Rode my bike for the first time in 3 weeks.

I attached my new GoPro and went a little stupid; and as a result managed to take 8th overall on a strava segment.

And then I started having too much fun/ got tired and my times went to poop. But fun is what I was after, not strava times.

https://youtu.be/coCaej1rUnU

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Realised after I'd fitted up the callipers already that Merlin cycles sent me the Ultegra grey callipers instead of the 105 black ones I actually ordered. Their response is simply get fucked tough shit.

I'd fitted before I realised so understand a refund is out, but asking for the part I actually ordered at cost so I can flog the wrong ones without too much of a hit is surely not a massive ask...?

Their people skills need work...

Minlak

custom titis
Realised after I'd fitted up the callipers already that Merlin cycles sent me the Ultegra grey callipers instead of the 105 black ones I actually ordered. Their response is simply get fucked tough shit.

I'd fitted before I realised so understand a refund is out, but asking for the part I actually ordered at cost so I can flog the wrong ones without too much of a hit is surely not a massive ask...?

I bought brakes from them with a spare set of pads.... didnt check the pads at the time and pretty much got told the same thing even though I pointed out it was their mistake :)

moorey

call me Mia

I'm confused. You weren't expecting a refund for your mistake...what did you ask for/say then?

Z

Zaf

Rode Buxton with the crew. It was epic.

Clean steeds! Great shot though!
Which one's yours?

Minty, myself and another mate go out for a bit of a loop. Left later than we usually do, sun had some bite to it. Got back into town about 9:30, jumped in the pool while the bikes watched on.

poita

Likes Dirt
Mate bought his first bike in years last week, it got nicked 3 days after he got it. So today he came over and we built him up a bike from all the spare parts I keep tripping over in my shed. Gonna ride with him on the weekend!