What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I killed the internal cable on the dropper.... Had a bit of a streetish ride while the car was getting serviced and thought I'd drop the post a little bit more, but the internal cabling didn't like it. I think I have some filing to do, too many sharp edges in the frame.

hornet @ geelong.jpg hornet routing.jpg

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Started to assemble my new Chiner frame.
Ordered a matt finish carbon frame and added a lick of paint.
Going to be my new single speed. It has a BB30 bottom bracket, which I've bought an eccentric to go into.

Attachments

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Going to be my new single speed. It has a BB30 bottom bracket, which I've bought an eccentric to go into.
That looks like a nice frame. What do you mean by Chiner frame? Where did you get it?

Nath8

Likes Dirt
"Niner" knockoff.
Not quite a Niner knockoff. They aren't trying to copy genuine Niner frames (different frame profiles and geo)
Have ridden my last Chinese frame for 5 years and just decided to buy another one, paint it and enjoy it.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Me too ! Not a hardtail but my new Merida Big 99 cross country bike . Cut steerer tube ,started cabling and protective film applied . Man I really hate putting that film on . I`m not the most patient when it comes to that but I got it in the end . My wheels also turned up today so mounted rotors and cassette . Just waiting for an axle and tyres which should be here tomorrow .

Attachments

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Fixed the spoken spoke nipple on the rear wheel of the stumpy… then had to redo the tape, re-use the stan’s, etc… and spent a bit of time on the truing stand and got it more nicerer. Fired up the compressor, then thought, I should at least try the floor pump… first try no good. Then went all the way around the tyre pulling the bead outwards onto the rim… tried again… voom up she went. Put the wheel back in bike, tested the gears and had a sip of beer.

takai

Eats Squid
Rode the commuter/CX thing for the first time since the winter... got swooped 3 times, including one that made solid contact with the back of the helmet. Dont think the prick was flying with 30km/h wind gusts in mind.

Which seller did you get the Chiner through? Fork from China too? Im considering getting one to upgrade the frame on the commuter.

Last edited:

Nath8

Likes Dirt
Frame bought off ebay. It's a FR202 model. Plenty of places selling the frames on US ebay. Fork is a genuine Niner though.
Frames come in multiple sizes, BB options, carbon finish and rear wheel spacing.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This week it feels more like what do I get to do for my bike

Bled brakes (Saints, nice & easy with Shimano kit)

Went for a few rides - now knicks have worn through, shorts got torn on saddle, pedals & shoes have somehow worn each other out around the cleat making a horrible squeal, realised helmet should be replaced, broke my saddle, rode out of the saddle for a bit afterwards to beat some PRs only to realise back at car hadn't turned Strava on and entire effort was in vain despite some good runs.

Complained to T7 and Shimano Aus that I have issues with their BR820 brakes which have an inconsistent bite point etc, got told by both to enjoy a sh1t sandwich instead

Ordered a bunch of things (knicks, helmet, tyres, tools) from Pushys and CRC last night, & sizing up another order for Hopes.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
98%? What, you haven't completely tightened one of the chainring bolts?
Hadn't taken out the taco-blade and was 2 chain-links short. :p

Today's effort: completed the remaining 2%.

Update: looking at the pictures i just noticed an issue. :(

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
On the drive to Lysty, I was stuck behind an old truck with a stock crate on… next thing ya know, the rear gate of the stockcrate slides fully open… some full sized steers looking out at me… farrcck. I pulled him over at the Wellington Road roundabout… he was thankful… could have been a real mess.

Anyway did a quick up to the dog pound and back on Buckle at Lysty... windy as, rubbish down everywhere. Cleared the track of half a dozen small movable branches… but not this one.

Attachments