What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Installed my new (second hand - thanks to SideFX) command post. Went and picked up some new cable, housing and ferrules etc plus a command post seat clamp with cable guide. Took a bit of time to get it all spot on but overall not too difficult a task. Looking forward to a wet test ride tomorrow.

climb

trail

descend

remote

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ozkaban

Likes Dirt
Replaced cassette, shifters, derailleurs, crankset and chain. All 10 spd xt now (crank is slx). Tuned it all up ready to roll.

Also washed and swapped seats on the roadie (currently testing a few loaners from the lbs). Gears need a slight tune too but I ran out of time.

2yo helped with most of the above so that probably explains running out of time :D

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Raced the OH's spare oldschool Vortex at the Cross Keys Supernats. Tomorrow is a clubby at Gawler to test out the newschool GHP 20" :)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
took the shopping trolley Kona out in my new opshop roadie jersey, flying my dork flag and giving the local bogan Commodore drivers something to aim at. it's all right tho, i haven't crossed to the dark side, i still don't shave my legs...:tape:

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
Finally fixed that blasted turkey warble on my Avid Codes...
How!? Buy shimano? Seriously though, i've been trying to get rid of it on my avid 5's. They chirp and squeal when braking lightly and the front sounds like a turkey under harder braking. Tried cleaning rotors and sanding pads, but thats all so far. Thanks.

How!? Buy shimano? Seriously though, i've been trying to get rid of it on my avid 5's. They chirp and squeal when braking lightly and the front sounds like a turkey under harder braking. Tried cleaning rotors and sanding pads, but thats all so far. Thanks.
I noticed the pistons were not evenly coming out when the lever was pulled. I put some silicone lubricant spray on them and hey presto!

I sprayed one piston at a time and made sure each one moved out easily before moving on to the next, took about an hour all up.

crazyjose

Likes Dirt
What did you do to your bike today

Ghetto tubeless'd my Blur Lt. Used the Joes kit from Cell bikes, now to see if they seal properly

jett_e

Likes Bikes

I've had one bike partially blocking the hallway all week with the disapproval of my girlfriend....but I need to work on it so I got my first opportunity last night. Set the stand up in middle of lounge room and place bike on it. Pump up front tire. Take bike off stand and put it back outside.. job done.

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt

I've had one bike partially blocking the hallway all week with the disapproval of my girlfriend....but I need to work on it so I got my first opportunity last night. Set the stand up in middle of lounge room and place bike on it. Pump up front tire. Take bike off stand and put it back outside.. job done.
Lol, putting a bike on a stand just to pump the tire.:lol:

Brooksy007

Likes Dirt
Brake Hoses and bleed

Changed over the brake lines on my Status and conducted my first ever bleed. Front was relatively straight forward, but created a massive mess while doing the back as I didnt have the siringe screwed in correctly. Ran out of fluid due to the leakage - have to start all over again tonight! Bloody amatuer I am!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Changed over the brake lines on my Status and conducted my first ever bleed. Front was relatively straight forward, but created a massive mess while doing the back as I didnt have the siringe screwed in correctly. Ran out of fluid due to the leakage - have to start all over again tonight! Bloody amatuer I am!
i changed the brake lines on mine too (to sexy fluro green!) however after the pain in the ass it was to bleed the elixirs on my other bike, i've opted to get the shop to do these.

i really wish the calipers on these formula RX's didnt have red on them :( the desire to hunt down some of the limited green hape brakes is both very tempting and silly.

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
i changed the brake lines on mine too (to sexy fluro green!) however after the pain in the ass it was to bleed the elixirs on my other bike, i've opted to get the shop to do these.

i really wish the calipers on these formula RX's didnt have red on them :( the desire to hunt down some of the limited green hape brakes is both very tempting and silly.

I have a 2011 55 that's white with blue. I have been fighting the urge to buy blue everything for it! Looks like i've been fighting it harder than you though :lol:. Sweet bike!