What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Yer standard lap at Lysty on Saturday and an ace ride on some single track my wife and daughter found when they were on a walk near Olinda... will be going back for sure, hoping to join it up with the Silvan trails.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
Popped a new Hope 20deg AM stem onto the Eccentric yesterday. Picked it up from MrLinderman and loved the slight rise... and it's orange:)

slowmick

38-39"
Took it for a pre-work ride up One Tree Hill this morning. First time this year. Concentrated not on speed but on not freezing and keeping my breathing & heart rate at a non fatal rate.

I'd forgotten just how much a ride can improve the start to the day. Starting the day with a big smile on your face delays becoming a grumpy old man at work till much later in the day.

I think a pre-work ride could considered a community service. :thumb:

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took it for a pre-work ride up One Tree Hill this morning. First time this year. Concentrated not on speed but on not freezing and keeping my breathing & heart rate at a non fatal rate.

I'd forgotten just how much a ride can improve the start to the day. Starting the day with a big smile on your face delays becoming a grumpy old man at work till much later in the day.

I think a pre-work ride could considered a community service. :thumb:
The hill in Ararat, Or the town in SA? That hill climb in Ararat is pretty brutal haha

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
The hill in Ararat, Or the town in SA? That hill climb in Ararat is pretty brutal haha

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
Just my local hill Phil - it is only a couple of hundred meters climb in total. The only brutal thing on it is the runners and walkers jostling for space on the thousand steps and in the car park on the far side.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Did a lap of Awaba today. Really like that course, and the trail fairies have done a shit load of work out there since I went round in December.

That pre-cast concrete flyover must have been expensive.

Good work to whoever is involved.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
A week ago I stripped and completely rebuilt the Mondraker . Flow Bikes sorted me some pivot bits and bearings so while waiting for those the fork and shock got some love and bled the guides even though they were sweet . Bike all together and took it out to RNP Wednesday night and it was like riding a new bike . Everything was super smooth and noiseless . Too many wet rides had obviously taken its toll .

Ideate

[video=youtube;3aABxcgFOqQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aABxcgFOqQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Who needs scales m8.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Borrowed a mate's bike and spent a few agreeably clueless hours riding around the Yarra Trails for the first time (turns out there are a couple).

Felt f***ing great to be out riding again. Been a while.

Also wasted valuable riding time posing the bike for photos.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...spent almost every day in the last week on trails. It has been rather fun!

Yesterday afternoon a dad brought his kid to ride the generic dirt jumps (one of many parents doing so over the last week). The kid was in the 4-6 window, on a fairly small pedal bmx. He was a bit nervous on his first run through, hits the first jump and yells out "yeeehaaaaaaa!". It was pretty funny. Anyway being the encouraging kinds of people we are each of us let's out a bit of a yeeehaaaaaaa on our next run through the jumps. The youngster gets a little excited and has a few more laps and joins in a bit of ye olde between run smack talk.

Then one of the guys suggests a "yeeehaaaaaaa" train...the little guy is pretty pumped! I recommend be takes the lead but he wants to come through last. Nobody crashed. There was a lot of yeeehaaaaaaa. It was fun.

TonyMax

Caviar tastes on a popcorn budget
Rode a few laps of Mt Gladstone park yesterday. 2.5 hours in the saddle and only one stack. Really enjoying MTB.

mPjiXaUo4SH6ouogYorRUw7rIoAAuO9kFTIXV11X2Vk-2047x2048.jpg

slowmick

38-39"
...spent almost every day in the last week on trails. It has been rather fun!

Yesterday afternoon a dad brought his kid to ride the generic dirt jumps (one of many parents doing so over the last week). The kid was in the 4-6 window, on a fairly small pedal bmx. He was a bit nervous on his first run through, hits the first jump and yells out "yeeehaaaaaaa!". It was pretty funny. Anyway being the encouraging kinds of people we are each of us let's out a bit of a yeeehaaaaaaa on our next run through the jumps. The youngster gets a little excited and has a few more laps and joins in a bit of ye olde between run smack talk.

Then one of the guys suggests a "yeeehaaaaaaa" train...the little guy is pretty pumped! I recommend be takes the lead but he wants to come through last. Nobody crashed. There was a lot of yeeehaaaaaaa. It was fun.
you keep that up and you'll give mountain bikers a bad name :becky:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haha I'm getting used to this "sit to climb, stand to descend" thing.
You should consider cryofreezing some of your spermatozoa just in case you damage the system. It is pretty common practise in the long distance mtb community, there is even a thread on here somewhere about it.