What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Stop listening to marketing!!!

Unless it's about gearboxes, because they got it right and tell the truth.
Gearboxes are like 4 stroke dirtbike motors, marginal gains for major added complexity and cost.

Bleugh.

Chasing an ultra reliabilabuddy ride? SS that bitch.

Ultra Lord

OT, took my SS dj bike to the pump track for a cheeky blap. It’s the last of my 4 day work weeks :( gotta go out with a ride atleast.

Cleared some doubles out there today too, nice progression from two weeks ago’s efforts. Apparently all the rehab work I’m doing is working! Siiiiick.

Last edited:

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Set out for a ride with the new shoes, thought I’d check out some of the other trails at Pile Rd. Ended up doing a fucking massive loop after missing the intended turn, it started off super awesomely with the longest downhill run I can ever remember doing on dirt. I reckon I went pretty fast for a blind run. About halfway I’m thinking I’m gunna be paying for this going back up ! The return side of the loop (Millbrook Trail) is not so steep but I didn’t make it past halfway before my legs were seriously farked. Had to walk the bike up a few hills, getting leg cramps just before I hit the top of the last one. Not even back at the car yet, stopped for a muesli bar and to stretch the cramps out. New shoes are great, but highlight that my sneakers were doing a lot more gripping than I realized. Need some pedals with decent pins.

Ultra Lord

Set out for a ride with the new shoes, thought I’d check out some of the other trails at Pile Rd. Ended up doing a fucking massive loop after missing the intended turn, it started off super awesomely with the longest downhill run I can ever remember doing on dirt. I reckon I went pretty fast for a blind run. About halfway I’m thinking I’m gunna be paying for this going back up ! The return side of the loop (Millbrook Trail) is not so steep but I didn’t make it past halfway before my legs were seriously farked. Had to walk the bike up a few hills, getting leg cramps just before I hit the top of the last one. Not even back at the car yet, stopped for a muesli bar and to stretch the cramps out. New shoes are great, but highlight that my sneakers were doing a lot more gripping than I realized. Need some pedals with decent pins.
Sounds awesome

You’re gonna be feelin it tomorrow haha!

DMR vaults:cool: you’re worth it

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Back home now, having just made it in time to pick up my favorite daughter from school. She was unimpressed at my description of riding through major leg cramps for the last 10km of the 30km ride. That was not fun - I’ve always been able to stretch cramps out, not this time, I was getting cramps in other muscles when I stretched. I was well hydrated at the start and got through nearly 2 litres from my camelbak. Better ride planning needed ! I’ve been easing into it for a while usually doing 10km so 30km was a bit too big of a step up..

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Last night's efforts was installing a new 37mm offset Fox 34, and fitting colour matched decals.

Unfortunately #nopicsyet because #workingsaturdaysucks

Riding this arvo though! Will update the PYR later.

mtb1611

Seymour
Went for a spin around the neighbourhood; Botanic Gardens trails, bike paths, road, etc. Some nasty climbs in the gardens but also some little-used trails which were actually pretty good fun. The dead juvenile snake (any budding herpetologists able to ID it?) was a timely reminder to remain alert on the trails. Also came across a Stolen Generations memorial I'd never seen before.
Collage 2018-10-27 16_24_15.jpg

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
IMG_20181027_185405.jpg

Lyriks finally showed up today so the Cannondale has some new forks. Installed a 140mm air shaft so its not too over forked. Measured them against the 130 mm fox 34 rhythms that came off it and the stanchion lenght is 138mm rhythm 135mm lyrik so shouldnt really change the geo much, also offset bushings in the ccdba iL so like a whole new bike. Now off to the fuckwit thread