What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
You know, that your need to line up your shoes before going to bed, will force you to re-assess the silver-ness of the stem..

because … even the white bits are black.
Should I go directly to the stupid questions thread?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Should I go directly to the stupid questions thread?
Your call, sounds reasonable, I wouldn't listen to me, I'm old and hopeless.

Saturday for us was Lysty and an extra bit. The trails were good considering the rain. Sunday was Finns > Candlebark and an extra bit, and it was sweet. Real nice ride. Not particularly bro main dude race one leader fast, as we were just cruising, but really serene to be out. My bike's good too, which is a plus.

Last edited:
Rode H2O yesterday, the slacker setting definitely helped on the techy drop bit (where there are three options).

Feeling a whole lot more reckless on the bike now, god knows what'll happen if I go to 150 or even 160 !!!!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This almost deserves to go in the fuckwits thread. I thought the SAM was over braked and the Pole could do with the Saints. So I decided to swap the brakes, 6 hours and a bit of dremmeling later... and voila! I get the bikes ready by 2am the night before I need to get up at 6 for the day I was taking both bikes to an Enduro skills clinic.

Anyway! It was worth it. The SAM was no longer doing two wheel lockups and the Pole continued mowing everything in its path as usual.

I also decided I neeeded more rear shock in the Pole. The Vivid is good but it needs more lsc, less hsc and a touch more hsr. Rather than send the Vivid in for tuning, I'm going to trial a CCDBA in thd Pole. The Avalanched Yari was stellar as usual.

The SAM was magic. The Fox36 worked really well with the Float X2. The extra rear support allowed the fork to be more active over the high speed chatter. I had one front end dig in when I over committed. I probably need to change to a slightly shorter stem and a bit more lsc.

The rear Hans Dampf on the SAM also developed a few cracks with slow sealant weeps. Granted it's not a supergravity casing, but I've never seen this in a Vittoria TNT or Maxxis EXO. On the other hand I'm quite pleased with the Specialized Butcher/Ground Control setup on the Pole.

Now I just need to spend more time preparing for corners and looking ahead.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Chucked wheelies for half an hour out in the back park. New bike likes wheelies.

Do I have any hope of removing a bend in the front disc rotor? Tried the shifter, but not making much difference.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Chucked wheelies for half an hour out in the back park. New bike likes wheelies.

Do I have any hope of removing a bend in the front disc rotor? Tried the shifter, but not making much difference.
If a shifter won’t do it probably not mate.

Wheelies are sick, but how does it skid?

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Dude lets see some tyre marks on that wall!

Git’er up on there
My Bmx skills are severely lacking, I gave up on riding bikes with little wheels when I got my first mtb at around 10 years old. I almost broke my sternum the year before riding a mates bmx when his stem had worked loose with usbtheashig it around and on landing a jump the bars rolled forward and I copped the stem straight into the chest. The bruising was pretty severe, after xrays they couldn’t believe nothing had broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Didn't take performance enhancing drugs.

Did crash my bike yesterday otb into rocks. Impressive bruising on hip and lower gut. The pedal out was a bit shit. Sneezing sucks.

Minlak

custom titis
Hope E4 brakes on the new bike it has some red highlights can’t decide if I should fit the red bore caps I have to the calipers and the red reservoir caps I have or just stay black. Pretty sure I have red adjustment screws here somewhere too

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Hope E4 brakes on the new bike it has some red highlights can’t decide if I should fit the red bore caps I have to the calipers and the red reservoir caps I have or just stay black. Pretty sure I have red adjustment screws here somewhere too
Red, it wont clash with the blood that get spilled.