What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rode it!

Rode the Stockyards side of the You Yangs but stuck mostly to the blue trails for my first ride back out. Rode Quarry Pit to warm up, then up and across to Rockwell Run (down), Dam View (up), Link Track (down), Rockwell Run (up), Lactic Acid (down), and around to and down Cressy. Fitness wasn't as bad as I had expected but that was about my limit for the day - but the shoulder felt great, and bike felt dialed. So very happy. Can't wait to improve the fitness and pick the pace up a bit! Yeti mate had fun too, he pops it in the air off everything, haha. Gotta love riding and laughing. MTBing is awesome!:)

Last edited:

brettlikesdirt

Cannon Fodder
Had a battle putting some new rubber on my bike. Couldn't get the rear tyre to inflate because of a ding in the rim. :(
I took a shifter to the rim to bend it back out and prevailed in getting my tyre to inflate and seal. :)

beeb

Resurrected an old friend (Octane One - Prone 29er) with some fresh tyres and some component hand-me-downs. Recon Race on the rear rolls crazy fast, can't wait to take it for a proper burn!

Going to transfer my Hope brakes onto this too, the extra modulation will be greatly appreciated - particularly out back!

Thinking Cura 4's or MT5's for the Banshee which needs a bit more bite... Hmmm...?

beeb

Going to transfer my Hope brakes onto this too, the extra modulation will be greatly appreciated - particularly out back!
View attachment 352031
Sorry for spamming the thread - but I got more motivated than I expected and installed the Hopes. I had fresh discs in the sizes I needed, so took the chance to install them with some UberBike Race Matrix pads (as recommended by @Oddjob if I remember correctly) to try and keep the gentle initial pad contact of the Hopes, but get a little more power further into the lever pull. Only put a 180mm rotor on the back though, trying to give the Recon Race a chance of getting some traction.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'll make you feel better @beeb here's some of mine

The chain ring looks to have stood up OK, I could've got away with keeping it

Unless you turn it to the power zone (1/4 turn) then it's shagged.

Spidey-senses are saying there's new cranks and an oval ring in the future. Depends on if I can find and 2x set.

beeb

I'll make you feel better @beeb here's some of mine

The chain ring looks to have stood up OK, I could've got away with keeping it

Unless you turn it to the power zone (1/4 turn) then it's shagged.

Spidey-senses are saying there's new cranks and an oval ring in the future. Depends on if I can find and 2x set.
I'd never considered that the chain ring would wear unevenly, but seems so obvious now that you mention it!

Mmmm... 2x. Maybe one day. Haha.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a lovely ride with The Boy down at Forrest. Figured we'd give the Casper Black trail a try. I dunno who rated it black, but I managed it no problem on my 120mm 29er (except some of the steep climby bits).

slowmick

38-39"
Took it out to Lysterfield to ride with mates, had a close call with some trees, disrespected a berm and it threw me on the ground then later the cranks decided to move sideways in the frame with a horrible screech of carbon and jam on the chain stay. No leaving little puddles of blood all over the house.

Minlak

custom titis
Took it out to Lysterfield to ride with mates, had a close call with some trees, disrespected a berm and it threw me on the ground then later the cranks decided to move sideways in the frame with a horrible screech of carbon and jam on the chain stay. No leaving little puddles of blood all over the house.
Trying to hone in on my gig? Hitting trees is my thing get your own :) is the bike ok?

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Two good rides on the weekend. Saturday took the dually out for some fun at Castle Hill. Hit a gap over the back I had been eyeing off for a year or so.... so was happy with that (wasn't worried about my jumping ability to make it more so what would happen if it went wrong at that speed).

Rode the hardtail this morning at Cornubia which was great fun although having been sick for the last 2 weeks I fatigued out pretty hard on last run which was a odd feeling usually I have fitness to get me through anything on a sub 40km MTB ride.

@moorey I see Felix won U15 National DH Title. Way to go!
Race results if anyone is interested

moorey

call me Mia
Two good rides on the weekend. Saturday took the dually out for some fun at Castle Hill. Hit a gap over the back I had been eyeing off for a year or so.... so was happy with that (wasn't worried about my jumping ability to make it more so what would happen if it went wrong at that speed).

Rode the hardtail this morning at Cornubia which was great fun although having been sick for the last 2 weeks I fatigued out pretty hard on last run which was a odd feeling usually I have fitness to get me through anything on a sub 40km MTB ride.

@moorey I see Felix won U15 National DH Title. Way to go!
Race results if anyone is interested
Wrong Felix...mine got a respectable 5th today. That other Felix is slick.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
New drive train day.

Turned over 9000km on it yesterday. 20 days shy of 12 months.

Learnt heaps about the wax lubing process over that time. Will be interesting to see how long this set lasts doing it the 'correct' way from the start.
Rotate 4 chains at 0.5, 0.75 and 1% wear and that will get you even more kms on the drive train.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk