What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Klips

Likes Dirt
Had my first MTB lesson so that I stop riding like a roadie. Went home and changed my shifter and brake order on the bars so that I'm forced into one finger braking for XC, and tilted them down a bit to make a more forward position a lot more comfortable.

Oh, and I got off my 09 Anthem for a bit and test-rode the instructor's pike-equipped Tracer 275 and regretted it - the pain I'll be putting my wallet through on the next bike build has just increased!

Klips

Likes Dirt
What do MTB lessons involve?
The first one was body position on the bike, then body rotation and bike separation through corners, as well as climbing technique. It's picking up things I didn't know I was doing, like keeping my elbows in close (because I'm a roadie) and having my weight too far back. Not sure what else we're in for (hopefully manuals and jumps), but there's another four weeks to go.

moorey

call me Mia
Should lose another 200g when all the knobs break off in a week and you are left with a nic :third:
You must be buying those fancy compounds. I've got at least 10 'performance' NN's, and never had this issue. Maybe its, um, weight related :noidea:

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Purchased a new giant trance 27.5 2 last week.
The new parts are starting to trickle on from the various online stores with best practicing prices.
Bought the 2 for the black frame as it easily looks the best.
Thus far mods have been.
XT brakes.
XT cranks with 32t Raceface NW.
XT med cage rear dr.
XT shifter.
XT cassette.
Chromag Ranger 50mm OD 1.25 stem.
Easton Vice bars.
Oury grips.

Next pay will see some new wheels.
Further future I might try source some pikes.

Very happy with how she goes as this is my first duel suspension bike and coming from a 29er HT my arse and back are thanking me.
Once all the mods have finished ill endeavour to knock up a PYR thread.

camoshop

Banned
Purchased a new giant trance 27.5 2 last week.
The new parts are starting to trickle on from the various online stores with best practicing prices.
Bought the 2 for the black frame as it easily looks the best.
Thus far mods have been.
XT brakes.
XT cranks with 32t Raceface NW.
XT med cage rear dr.
XT shifter.
XT cassette.
Chromag Ranger 50mm OD 1.25 stem.
Easton Vice bars.
Oury grips.

Next pay will see some new wheels.
Further future I might try source some pikes.

Very happy with how she goes as this is my first duel suspension bike and coming from a 29er HT my arse and back are thanking me.
Once all the mods have finished ill endeavour to knock up a PYR thread.
nice upgrades, I'm currently doing the same however i got the anthem1 in black, if you don't mind me asking where did you get your 50mm stem from, I've sourced a giant contact FR one from the states but its around $150 shipped but trying to see if there is any others available at a reasonable price.

ChopSticks

Banned
spent ages getting a XT shifter to work as a dropper remote for NoFearNick's 27.5 anthem.

the way the new KS integras works means the outer cable has to be fed out of the seat tube in order to be measured and cut, but with the shifter installed it was abit tricky.
even with the barrel adjust wound out, the shifter would still click into gear, so I installed the locking barrel lower than recommended on the inner cable and played abit more with tension and it works perfectly now !!!

Ideate

- 36t Zee
- Chain guide

+ 30t wolftooth
+ Zee clutch on

30t_wolftooth.jpg

My stumps still couldn't cut the custard. So...

- SLX cassett

+ XT cassett - 17t
+ GC 42 Wolfy

42gc_wolfy.jpg

Also re-laced the rear with some DT Swiss Champion's cause it was feeling a little patchy.

Last edited:

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
nice upgrades, I'm currently doing the same however i got the anthem1 in black, if you don't mind me asking where did you get your 50mm stem from, I've sourced a giant contact FR one from the states but its around $150 shipped but trying to see if there is any others available at a reasonable price.
Hey mate I got it from mountainbikesdirect.com.au was $130. Not the cheapest but I really wanted the shorter length.