What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Got this email from a mate this morning...

after their regular Friday PM ride at Smithfield , home of the recent world cup:

Eventful ride today... XXXX came off on the lower rock shute on Jacob's ladder, I didn't see what happened because I was in front. I got down to the start of 1st finger before I realised he wasn't there. Made my way back up and got to the bottom of caterpillars and could see another rider wandering around about 50 metres from the bottom. I started making my way up when XXXX appeared a bit further up. He thinks he has couple of cracked ribs and a possible broken pinky finger. But..... was well and truly trumped by the other guy. Poor unlucky bastard fell off, and landed in a stinging tree. Got hit up his right arm and across the face, was in absolute agony. We stayed with him for a bit with a couple of other riders who came by. We looked up the 1st aid, supposed to be hot water or diluted Dettol. I had Dettol cream in my 1st aid kit so we tried some of that on his arm. Must have helped a bit because he put a little on his face as well. One of the other riders worked at the uni and offered to take him down there to sort him out. He eventually said he was ok to ride back to his car. Poor bastard is in for a rough couple of months. Told XXXX to stop looking for sympathy

For those unfamiliar with the infamous stinging tree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendrocnide_moroides

Or for a better "dose" here:
http://www.australiangeographic.com...06/gympie-gympie-once-stung,-never-forgotten/

Last edited:

WarbyD

Likes Dirt
uploadfromtaptalk1399782921675.jpg

Went 1x :) works components 32t thick/thin ring.. Looking forward to giving it a run!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

ChopSticks

Banned
Burped the front tyre while riding Ourimbah yesterday, and thought pumping it up would be enough. But woke up this morning to a flat front tyre.
Took the tyre off, cleaned out the old boogers, and topped up with more sealant.

And gave the bike a wash.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Went for a ride, still trying to work out what caused me to stack but just can't figure it out - ripped my rear sram x7 shifter off the bar, now need to replace it :(

fridgie

Likes Dirt
The loose nut behind the handlebars.
Lol, maybe :p

Didn't land a jump properly but caught it, got back on the track, just started to pedal again and it all went pearshaped.

Ended up bike balancing on handlebar & front wheel with rear wheel up in the air and me underneath the bike lol

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Crashing is fine as long as you have some footage of it and you're not too hurt!

Thinking of some changes to make to the hardtail.. and getting ready for a ride tomorrow am

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
Put kenda nevegal on for winter. Tomorrow I start riding again after a couple of weeks off after otways. Tightened up a couple of loose spokes as well anybody else have loose spokes after a big ride or is it just the 100 kilo lump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swaz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Burped the front tyre while riding Ourimbah yesterday, and thought pumping it up would be enough. But woke up this morning to a flat front tyre.
Took the tyre off, cleaned out the old boogers, and topped up with more sealant.

And gave the bike a wash.
What pressure do you have in your tyres?

Also, what time were you out these? I did some laps before 7:30am.