What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
Finally took the 1 x 10 conversion for run. Was meant to be an easy 90 minute ish ride one wrong turn made that a 3 hr run :)

I went 32 teeth up front and seriously ran out go legs so off to find a 30 tooth ring I think.

Plenty of down to bed new brakes in so that was a plus.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode quite a way from home along a local equestrian trail and walking trails just to get to the trail start at Lysterfield, came across a couple of horse riders and asked them about their thoughts of me mtb riding and they were quite welcoming, probably helped that I saw them in plenty of time, got off the bike and waited for them to pass.

Those manure makers can certainly chew up a track though.

Longest trailride I've done. Legs feeling it.

Locknatious

Likes Bikes
went riding at the you yangs, and on my first run of the day down cressy descent, I get a pinch flat in the first rock garden and fell over. didnt think anything of it picked my bike up and my back tyre comes off... some how i bent the skewer holding it on... very eventfull day

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
went riding at the you yangs, and on my first run of the day down cressy descent, I get a pinch flat in the first rock garden and fell over. didnt think anything of it picked my bike up and my back tyre comes off... some how i bent the skewer holding it on... very eventfull day
Ouch, bad luck!
I was supposed to be heading out there for the shuttle day, but had to cancel last minute.

So, instead I stayed at home... washed my Trance, and worked on stripping more paint from my Makulu frame. :)

Last edited:

faulko

Likes Dirt
Took the new bike for a spin a 26" Enduro Evo Lg, realized real quick that the springs are way to soft (already knew this, stiffer on the way) for any sort of pedaling, burnt my out my legs real quick.

Explored some new territory, the XT brakes are good (im 6'1-110kg, cant expect miracles), come to grasp the awesomeness of a decent descending machine with good tyres. Pretty sure the fork/stem height was cut too low for my liking but oh well, ill know for next time.

Next day took the 29" HT (Rock hopper) out and the pedaling is miles ahead, less leg burn, more bum hurt :( and faster everywhere except d/hill.

Surprising that the basic brakes on the HT (Tektro i think they are) perform on par with the XT's.

All in all just out having fun and exploring new trials.

Just deciding my next purchases.

I have the frame i want now and the geometry for 170-180mm travel without being a DH bike but almost as capable.

Im thinking the Ohlins setup for the rear form the Enduro Expert but im at a lost for the front, any ideas. 1 way to think is the Enduro expert forks as well but something not sitting right with me about them.

soontir

Likes Dirt
Cheers guys.
The left elbow didn't escape either.
Have already scrubbed it with alcohol wipes.
Two crashes in 3 days....
At least I'm pushing it ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers guys.
The left elbow didn't escape either.
Have already scrubbed it with alcohol wipes.
Two crashes in 3 days....
At least I'm pushing it ;)

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk
Try riding it. On the steep stuff at least you will be less likely to fall over.