What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Klips

Likes Dirt
Rode my bike around Stromlo. Saw a few familiar bikes rock up as we finished. Rode Chops' Yeti around the Stromlo car park.

Explaining later to my friends "I've never met the guy but this bike is Internet Famous"

camoshop

Banned
Put the shimano trail spds on the single speed, had to make do with a bmx chain but the 32:17 combo works well!! @pinkpoodle the pedals work great !!

Winno

Likes Dirt
\

FUCKING LOLOLOLOLOLOL

not sure if 'WINNING' or if you should go to FW thread :p
i assume its more for grip than actual weight?
You're right about the reason.
The paddles do require a bit of effort to push and my thumbs had slipped on them a few times. After noticing the grip on my Hope brake levers (same drilled pattern but from factory), I decided to do it on the shifters when I was bored one night.

It's actually quite effective.

Last edited:

ChopSticks

Banned
Rode my bike around Stromlo. Saw a few familiar bikes rock up as we finished. Rode Chops' Yeti around the Stromlo car park.

Explaining later to my friends "I've never met the guy but this bike is Internet Famous"
Good stuff dude!
always great to put name on faces'

having a ball ATM and on out 5th shuttle (already rode up once)

moorey

call me Mia
Changed the new Thomson dropper from remote to actuator (before riding) and fitted it to the patriot.
Sooo sexy. Love how well it matches with the rev stanchions (which will be swapped out Monday) and the fatbars.
When this raging boner subsides, I'll take it for a test ride.

Attachments

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Changed the top cap on my Reverb Stealth. Pretty easy job, much nicer post now. Also bought an XTR shifter off here. Will be interested to see the difference between SLX and XTR shifting.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Good stuff dude!
always great to put name on faces'

having a ball ATM and on out 5th shuttle (already rode up once)
Did you get rained on? Our ride at Kowen this afternoon turned into a mud bath! It started out relatively warm and I chose my light jersey - a poor choice and froze my arse off in the rain and mud...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fitted my shiny new XT shifter and brakes - and bedded them in by riding in the rain and mud at Kowen...

These brakes are a freaking revelation after the Elixer 5!!!!

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Fitted my shiny new XT shifter and brakes - and bedded them in by riding in the rain and mud at Kowen...

These brakes are a freaking revelation after the Elixer 5!!!!
When I went from Elixir to XT, first time I needed to brake I almost put myself over the handlebars from using the same pressure as I would have with the Elixir out of habit. :)

Rambodian

Likes Bikes
Well I didn't actually do anything to my bike yet, but I ordered a set of SAINT flats and some AM41 flat shimano shoes. I bought them from wiggle, now I just wait until they arrive and i'm back on my beast...2010 Giant reign X0.

ChopSticks

Banned
Did you get rained on? Our ride at Kowen this afternoon turned into a mud bath! It started out relatively warm and I chose my light jersey - a poor choice and froze my arse off in the rain and mud...
Not a single drop! And Dry as!

too dry infact! A lot of the stuff was very very loose
ie berms in luge
fucking awesome day
got 10 shuttles in! Including a warm up lap riding to the top first!

Winno

Likes Dirt
Picked up my new/old Frankenbike from the lbs who had just finished building it for me and rode it home, super stoked with it.
Nice bike.
Good fork too. I have the same on my commuter. Works surprisingly well off road with fatty tyres.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Not a single drop! And Dry as!

too dry infact! A lot of the stuff was very very loose
ie berms in luge
fucking awesome day
got 10 shuttles in! Including a warm up lap riding to the top first!
I call Bollocks! Luge was awesome first thing this morning! As was wedgetail, pork belly and dissolusion!

Klips

Likes Dirt
I call Bollocks! Luge was awesome first thing this morning! As was wedgetail, pork belly and dissolusion!
Agreed on all except PB, which I didn't ride, but we did get out to Deep Creek which had grip for the first time in forever. Luge was super grippy for me except for the sort A-line thing going on near the fire road in the middle, tried a new line and almost went into a tree.