What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think i levelled with my wife is irrational and pulled the trigger on this.....

A chain, some spds and a single front ring made for a awesome days leave in the sierra nevada's! Now, how to get the fucker home....

Last edited:

mtb1611

Seymour
Did a couple of hours at Old Man's Valley (Hornsby, Sydney) with a few mates. Man that place is fun! Fantastically put together trails, thoroughly recommend it! Greta to see so many people out there riding, lots of kids too which is always good to see.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Decided yesterday to go for a ride in the late arvo, thinking there would be plenty of light left. Didn't take into account elevation, so sun was entering twilight when i start riding. From the rain over the last few years, a lot of bush trees have grown around the trail area, and little did i realise that millions of garden spiders/golden orbs had began spinning their webs between the trees and hence across the trail for the night. I will freely admit spiders are my #1 failing in life, don't give a shit if they anti poisonous, ill kill em anyway. Snakes no problem, but spiders? F&^K no.

Most terrifying downhill trail run of my life, could feel myself breaking through thousands of webs and getting covered in them.
Got to the bottom and frantically checked for any hitch hikers but found none thank christ

Not a fun ride......
That sounds terrifying.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Realised that I'm unfit, and the Mont is a month away. Can't work on MTB skills for lack of one, so went off on the roadie for my second century in two days. Then hung it on the wall and had a mad snooze.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Just gave ye-olde bike a wash and noticed a new gash in my rear tyre sidewall... now I have two!

Looks like I will need to order a new tyre sooner than I thought!

EDIT: Aaaand just bit the bullet and ordered a Rock Razor, Stans sealant, and Stans valves (was gonna use valves off old tubes, but I needed to make up $100).
It's time to try this tubeless business.

Last edited:

romy

Likes Dirt
Bit of bike tidy on the Scott Genius
Internally routed and bled my stealth dropper,
Realised whilst looking at the matchmaker system online I could already combine my Trail xo and dropper control (Duh)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Took it to moorey's in the AM, to get the drive train tuned up properly, discovered that the cable was snagging on the shock and as soon as I sat my fat arse on it the tune done in the stand went out the window.

Fucked around, frayed the cable, fucked around some more, got it running.

Discovered during the climbs that I should have shortened the chain as it was skipping on the chainring.

Knackered a pedal thread on the XX cranks.

Ate Woodfired pizza.

Had a great time and managed to stay perpendicular to the ground on moorey's death trap bridge.

ChopSticks

Banned
Gave it a good wash after getting it covered in sealant from a rear puncture.

took it for a spin at the local and went OTB, grazed knee, elbow and palms... Bruised ego and a scratched brake lever

trying to isolate an annoying creak/tick sound... Thinking it might be either the BB, cranks, or cables

slowmick

38-39"
snuck out of the house while the wife was sleeping and rode up and down the street with both hands on the bars. first time in the 4 weeks. have a long way to go before I the shoulder does anything but hold my arm on it seems.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate riding beside me popped a stick up on my side of the trail, into front wheel and bent a spoke.. bugger!
1km further something snagged a spoke in the rear and snapped it in two about 2 inches from the nipple... double bugger!

Hope I don't get raped too badly by the local specialized service center.. :scared:

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sight is coming within 2 weeks. Time to sell the old one.

Anyone interested in a 2014 Trek Remedy 9 19.5"? :behindsofa:

Winno

Likes Dirt
My Raceface spider shims FINALLY arrived from Jenson.
So all this stuff is gunna be fitted to my hardtail today to go 1x10.

Winno

Likes Dirt
All fitted up as a 1x10 now.
I ended up pulling out the 17T from the cassette as the modded 12T splines didn't fit right. I suspect because it was actually a 2nd position cog rather than the 1st position I was told it was.

It all fitted up easily enough. The only other adjustments needed were to move the bottom bracket spacer back to the drive side and wind in the b-tension screw a fair way on the derailleur to get the jockey wheel off the 40T.

Proof:

I've also decided to try a Maxxis Ikon on the back for more fast.

Can definitely feel it easier to roll than the Ignitor that was in there previously.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Took the new Merida T3 Speeder out for its first lap. It has been a very long time since I have been on a road bias bike.
Observations:-
*Skinny wheels at 85psi are rough
*Skinny / bigger wheels roll faster
*Cheaper components are adequate but not fantastic
*Cheaper stuff rattles
*A 10 minute car park ride does not reflect how painstakingly sore your arse will get on the seat you left on there
*V-Brakes are not as responsive as Disc
*Cheap v-Brakes are really not as responsive as disc
*Road gearing rocks much faster avg today (from the 26" hardtail)

Overall bike is to be as expected and it is just the odd road ride not a full on road riding bike.

Mr DOHC

Likes Bikes
Put a 203mm front brake setup on my Trance 2 weeks ago, got the correct size bolts to pu the 180 gear onto the rear end.
I also put in some ice tech SLX pads after a very reputable shop put generic Taiwan pads into my $3400 ex-demo bike and tried to tell me they were factory...

Rambodian

Likes Bikes
All fitted up as a 1x10 now.
I ended up pulling out the 17T from the cassette as the modded 12T splines didn't fit right. I suspect because it was actually a 2nd position cog rather than the 1st position I was told it was.

It all fitted up easily enough. The only other adjustments needed were to move the bottom bracket spacer back to the drive side and wind in the b-tension screw a fair way on the derailleur to get the jockey wheel off the 40T.

Proof:

I've also decided to try a Maxxis Ikon on the back for more fast.

Can definitely feel it easier to roll than the Ignitor that was in there previously.
Man that is a sweet set-up