What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
Today I threw some new rotors on, 203mm all round. Gave her a wash.
Taking it up to Lystie this arvo with a mate to bed in the brakes.

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
I went looking for spare parts after accidentally permanently removing the preload adjuster on my rockshox earlier.

Damn you sales!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
bought the old girl (2005 giant reign ii) some new shoes after 6 months of bald tyres. had a few recommendations on the tyre selection. ardent on the front, crossmark at the rear. anyones experiences running these ones would be good to hear!
There's a mega tyre thread. Use search, I can't be arsed :thumb:

rone

Eats Squid
De-hibernated the 5.Spot, fitted K9 Static 780 bars and went riding. they're a bit flat compared to the Renthals, didn't think i'd like them. I was wrong. Thanks Nerf!

Attachments

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Muddy and cold, so took the roadie out. Went up the new Majura Parkway which hasnt been opened yet - had a whole freeway all to my lonesome :heh: Just a bugger I copped fucking headwinds in both directions! Fuck you Murphey....

Also cooked the rear rotor coming down Mt Majura - it has a lovely colour scheme now!! Think I might put the 160 rotor back on the back - 140 with mechs is a bit underdone and overheats a bit fast...

Last 25 minutes in the rain and 7 degrees - couldn't feel my hands when I got home.

Attachments

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Muddy, windy, cold and wet. So took the roadie out over the west gate bridge. Got blown into the path of a B double.......pissed down the whole 50km, sun came out 500m from the finish line.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Jesus - are you even allowed to ride over the west gate?

I've decided I prefer freeways with no one on them....

camoshop

Banned
Bled the Xt brakes on the Cotic,
Here's some pics of the steps I did for anyone that hasn't done it before, when I'm at the computer I'll fill in the steps.

It's pretty straight forward. Just bled from the caliper end then pumped it a bit untill all air bubble surfaced.

Yesterday's ride on the anthem after the same bleed technique worked great.

•••••••••

••••••••