What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
I got my bike serviced by Mike from Rapid Wrench today, very very happy with the level of service, the care and attention to detail on the service and the price, this guy has it NAILED.. Cannot recommend him enough

All set and ready to rock Thredbo for easter

MARKL

Eats Squid
I thought it would have been there. Not the best maintained or flowy trails around here but it's good that you enjoyed them. There has been quite a lot of disputes between the groups that have done trail care in the area but that's just the usual MTB politics.
:hand:mtb politics? Disputes between groups:whistle:Whose side are you on:spy:

For me it was riding for a specific purpose, coaching, and they met that need. Chris obviously new the trails well and he could watch me ride, demonstrate, stop and do drills, repeat etc. A few of the wooden bridges looked sketchy to say the least but as always it was good to ride something new.

Ideate

I got my bike serviced by Mike from Rapid Wrench today, very very happy with the level of service, the care and attention to detail on the service and the price, this guy has it NAILED.. Cannot recommend him enough

All set and ready to rock Thredbo for easter
Mike's a great bloke and he knows his stuff. What did you get done that you couldn't do? Or you were just too busy?

Flow-Rider

Burner
:hand:mtb politics? Disputes between groups:whistle:Whose side are you on:spy:.
Lol! Put it this way, I am glad they are not my local trails. :behindsofa:
For me it was riding for a specific purpose, coaching, and they met that need. Chris obviously new the trails well and he could watch me ride, demonstrate, stop and do drills, repeat etc. A few of the wooden bridges looked sketchy to say the least but as always it was good to ride something new.
Sounds like you rode the good side, without the many rocks. There are some quite raw trails in there, if you like that sort of stuff. Good for a different experience but you need a bike that is set up for it and or a new spine.

20160211_125124 new.jpg

Mrlinderman

Likes Dirt
Mike's a great bloke and he knows his stuff. What did you get done that you couldn't do? Or you were just too busy?
Inexperience with bikes as a whole, I'm learning, bit by bit, learn't more today thanks to Mike, also I don't have some of tools yet that I would like to get a full cleanup and check over done.

MARKL

Eats Squid

Sounds like you rode the good side, without the many rocks. There are some quite raw trails in there, if you like that sort of stuff. Good for a different experience but you need a bike that is set up for it and or a new spine.

View attachment 325587
Rode some of that and some more flowy stuff, was good :noidea:

stirk

Burner

View attachment 325587
Oooo, pure heaven right there!

mitchy_

Llama calmer

View attachment 325587
a mountain bike? ride daisy hill if you want groomed trails...

Flow-Rider

Burner
a mountain bike? ride daisy hill if you want groomed trails...
Would love to see half the blokes here ride a full day of the rocky trails, the sandy side isn't too bad and not all of daisy is groomed either. Having a bad back from a lot of rock gardens isn't fun for me or shredding the shit out of new tyres.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Would love to see half the blokes here ride a full day of the rocky trails, the sandy side isn't too bad and not all of daisy is groomed either. Having a bad back from a lot of rock gardens isn't fun for me or shredding the shit out of new tyres.
admittedly it can be bloody rocky in places, but half the fun is hitting them at unsafe speeds trying to float over the top without dying.

go around the corner to Just Ride and buy one of their Enduro's on sale, rocks turn into pebbles.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
After three weeks overseas on hols, I rode the VStrom to work… wow, so much power compared to the NamBodia scooters… it felt like I was riding my old superbike… like actual power.

Then tonight, after a madness totally full on day at work, I got 40 minutes in on my BFe on some local trails, before darkness completely took over… I rode till it was dangerous… fuck I love this bike, it is just so much fun.

It was really nice to be back in a serene bit of Oz bush… we are so lucky you know. It was only a 40 minute ride, but I saw no one… the last 3 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia, I was never alone. Soak it up.

Attachments

link1896

Mr Greenfield
After three weeks overseas on hols, I rode the VStrom to work… wow, so much power compared to the NamBodia scooters… it felt like I was riding my old superbike… like actual power.

Then tonight, after a madness totally full on day at work, I got 40 minutes in on my BFe on some local trails, before darkness completely took over… I rode till it was dangerous… fuck I love this bike, it is just so much fun.

It was really nice to be back in a serene bit of Oz bush… we are so lucky you know. It was only a 40 minute ride, but I saw no one… the last 3 weeks in Vietnam and Cambodia, I was never alone. Soak it up.
Lights, 11pm. Just you and the animals all year round.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Lights, 11pm. Just you and the animals all year round.
I should charge up the magic-shines and ride with you... you'd have to wait for me a bit though... I'm old and hopeless.

But I am a night owl, so 11pm is completely ok with me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I should charge up the magic-shines and ride with you... you'd have to wait for me a bit though... I'm old and hopeless.

But I am a night owl, so 11pm is completely ok with me.
Sure, sounds like a blast. I normally get into the park via Hallam North Rd carpark around 9ish. I ride from home to the park. Week nights I just do a Comms games loop, Friday/Saturday nights I do a full lap, makes it a 2hr+ ride.

RedBruce was also up for some night rides.

Last edited:

Sappa

Likes Dirt
Popped a tube

Ran out of tubes for the commuter so put in an old 26" tube.
Pumped it up and popped the tube.
Ears where still ringing 15 min later.

Don't work on the bike when you should be sleeping.

Edit
Or post, wrong thread should be the fwit.

Last edited:

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
Packed them for weekend in Thredbo.

Taking cross country bike and hardtail in case of failures. Wife thinks I'm mad on account of the spares and tools I have packed. Best to take steps to keep murphy at bay.