What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

agentninety3

Likes Dirt
Demoed a Spesh Fuse over the weekend aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I sorta liked it, but not enough to buy one. It's a fun bike to rail around corners and bump off roots and all but the Fuse in particular has some drawbacks for me:

- It's heavy, and I much prefer my light flickable Zaskar for hardtail duty.
- The big tyres don't soak up the bumps and the chatter. In fact, they hit more of it, which is annoying when riding seated.
- I don't like SRAM shifters.
- I really don't like the axle on the Manitou fork.
- The seat stays were wide enough for me to be annoyed by when I tried to stretch out my calves on the bike.

There are some pros of the bike for me though:

- I like the Spesh cockpit, the bars stem and grips were all pretty nice, although the 760mm width caused an issue at a couple of parts of my local.
- The saddle was also strangely comfortable, I didn't expect that.
- Taking this bike downhill is lots of fun, the big wheels dig in to the shitty WA gravel, and the ground control tyre loves it.

So it's fun for half the ride, but not exceptionally more fun than my Trance, which I'd probably prefer for the other half of the ride.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fitted the old bar and stem off of my main squeeze. Think this might be the one bike I may never sell, always fun to jump on for a pedal.

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
I looked at it and felt sorry for it; the poor thing hasn't been ridden in ages.

So I rode it to work, picked up the phone and booked it in for a tubeless conversion, new tyres and a brake bleed.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Gone back to the future....

Fitted an RC4. Will give it a spin tomorrow arvo at the Youies and see if I prefer it or the Corseted CTD?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gone back to the future....

Fitted an RC4. Will give it a spin tomorrow arvo at the Youies and see if I prefer it or the Corseted CTD?
I'm curious to know how she performs with a coil shock - one that doesn't cost close to a grand with the spring.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Took her out to Lysterfield after work to test the new shock. Was wet and slippery but great fun. Needs a good wash now.

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
Took her out to Lysterfield after work to test the new shock. Was wet and slippery but great fun. Needs a good wash now.
Brilliant. I know exactly what tracks are around there. I bet you had a ball. Hows climbing with the coil Vs air shock?

---------------------

I went for a ride at Sherbrook forrest today for something different.
Threw the Saint flats on, had a bit of fun, found out how much side wall damage is too much, saw some sights, climbed 700M, washed, lubed and fitted some new treads.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've been ignoring a troublesome bearing in my suspension linkages for a while as I've been rather busy and needed the bike for transit. I was having trouble finding time to get into the shop etc. On Thursday the bearing was finally done, so I'm on a loaner.

This morning I used the loaner to take 3yo nephew for a ride, all good. But on the way home I hit some glass and have a 4mm slash through the tyre. It is set up Tubeless, the sealant didn't help. So looks like a new tyre and resealing is on the cards there...

Then I decided it couldn't be too hard to at least attempt to pop the faulty bearing...right? I mean I've had other bikes where the bearing came out easily, no tools needed. Of course I assume a minimal disassembly would allow access. How wrong I was. The job just kept growing and growing...now the bike is on 6 pieces, not counting all the bolts. And of course the bearing wasn't coming out for me. Then I had to rush off and catch a train, so had to leave the bike spread across my kitchen. This leaves me with no functional bike. I have made arrangements with the bike shop now though! Problem solved...I hope.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Brilliant. I know exactly what tracks are around there. I bet you had a ball. Hows climbing with the coil Vs air shock?

---------------------

I went for a ride at Sherbrook forrest today for something different.
Threw the Saint flats on, had a bit of fun, found out how much side wall damage is too much, saw some sights, climbed 700M, washed, lubed and fitted some new treads.

was going to suggest either a butcher grid, or a maxxis tyre... but you're on the case!

is that the 2.5 DHF? big friggen tyre.

NeoNasty

Likes Dirt
suits the enduro perfectly. on 35mm carbon rims mine measures in at 61.5mm casing and 65mm tread at 20psi.
Oooohhhh 35mm carbon jobbies? Aftermarket or stock on the better models? I've got the roval 29mm wide ali ones. They've been great so far, copped a hiding and loved it.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Oooohhhh 35mm carbon jobbies? Aftermarket or stock on the better models? I've got the roval 29mm wide ali ones. They've been great so far, copped a hiding and loved it.
Light Bicycle rims. mine came with the alloy fatties as well which were pretty good, but these are super stiff and made a big improvement to steering response (especially coming from a 26" bike)

i'm keeping my eye out for a ~120mm 29" hardtail frame to stick the roval fatties on, will be a perfect match.