What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Any initial impressions of the Zelvys, been very happy with mine. What width did you go for and more interestingly why?
35mm because that's what the dude was selling (would have wanted the internal width anyway to get a bit more sidewall support and a better overall profile for better grip).

Initial impression is they look great, excellent finish and I like the decals for a change. Haven't had a chance to actually ride them yet.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i think it's time for winter tyres. skating around on wet rocks, roots and logs with this was super sketchy (perhaps what 'SS' in Minion SS stands for)

Markee

Likes Dirt
Installed headset, BB, cranks, forks, stem and bars to the Nomad. Getting there with brakes and dropper post to go.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Just snuck 45 minutes in at one of my local trails before the darkness and rain... branches down and stuff everywhere from last nights storm... had to stop and clear the way a bit.

clockworked

Like an orange
recycled some hope hubs with some new easton arc rims into a new front for my bike and a new rear for the better half's. Also finally got my new durolux's onto the warden! Keen to try it out at the DRCC ride tomorrow

MarioM

Likes Dirt
As long as it was sealant and no 'ectoplasm'.

[video=youtube;enisEolQXnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enisEolQXnw[/video]
Ha ! The first thing that popped into my mind when it happened was that same scene . I was going to quote that Randy Marsh episode but I didn`t think anybody would get it .

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Heavy rain at home all morning, so jumped a train out of town. Took the bike for a pedal around Manly and North Head. Climb up was pretty intense, but pretty amazing at the top. Rode back down in the dark...I worked up enough speed to get scared.

DSC_1035~2.jpg

DSC_1024~3.jpg

Found a rather unusual defense technique on the wall around the fort too. I am curious if this is in a staff manual or policy somewhere..?

DSC_1025~2.jpg

BT180

Max Pfaff
^^ Quite a common sight around all the old fortifications in Sydney. Must've been common practice back in the day.

Jeeves

Likes Bikes
I enjoyed the plushness of my freshly serviced Pike.
and because my riding buddies bailed on me I took the time to fine tuned the Monarch plus as well.
I ended up riding Boulder 4 or 5 times to try different air pressures.

This bike puts the biggest grin on my face.

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^^ Quite a common sight around all the old fortifications in Sydney. Must've been common practice back in the day.
Most unusual. Imagine the litigation risk...that said I was very impressed at the difference in presentation between the Sydney fortifications and those around the Newcastle area. All the innercity stuff here is trashed...covered in graffiti, rubbish, urine, shit, syringes, efforts to get in because it is all locked and barred...the North Head area was.in top shape and mostly open to visitors.

It is also ineffective,

I've been told
I would imagine in a rushed battle scenario it might be a bit difficult to negotiate, but if you were speaking in on Saturday night...easy enough to cover and climb over. Just like barbed wire.

BT180

Max Pfaff
First ride on Gahnia with the new bike. Was a bit worried about traction on the rocks of the Minion SS in the damp conditions, but it handled the whole track quite well. A few slips here and there if I was putting the power down on a pinch climb, but overall it was good. The bike gobbled up the rough stuff too, so I need to rethink my line choices and know that I don't need to be so selective. :)

IMG_6197 - resize.jpg

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode the hardtail around Kurrajong again. Added 7 km/30 mins (yeah, I'm slow. Shuddup) to my usual ride and didn't die, so now I have no excuse for that not being my usual ride from now on.

Didn't think that through at all, did I?