What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took a demo alu anthem 2 for a spin, uninspiring bike on paper, weighs bang on 1kg more than current ride, but its got good reviews and some chat on here fuel v anthem. Rode for 2hrs and busted a lot of PRs, and came close on many other segments. Doesn't mean much I spose, and not too surprising considering how smooth trails are in bris. Damn it has a low BB though. Was comedic after a while.

golden path

Banned
Took a demo alu anthem 2 for a spin, uninspiring bike on paper, weighs bang on 1kg more than current ride, but its got good reviews and some chat on here fuel v anthem. Rode for 2hrs and busted a lot of PRs, and came close on many other segments. Doesn't mean much I spose, and not too surprising considering how smooth trails are in bris. Damn it has a low BB though. Was comedic after a while.
A fresh bike is like a fresh woman homey - you always dig deeper and thrash harder.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
haha no, in Canberra (Kowen)
Good, Because if it had been STH in Atherton Forest MTB Park I would have had to rag your arse about riding in the park when it is officially closed due to the 500 plus mm of rain we have had in the last week

But as it isn't, I don't : )

As you were

Crests fitted, what a pain converting the rear drop outs. The drive side 2mm grub screw came out fine, non-drive side was tight as hell, and then rounded.

Got the drill out, started drilling, slowly slowly, making progress, Makita drill bit snaps, in the bolt and wont come out, feck. Thought about giving up, but had drilled down into the bolt enough that a sharp tap with a hammer and appropriate sized socket was enough to snap the bolt and release the original drop out. Feeeew!

Pics for evidence of achievement.

Attachments

TransitionPete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Been riding on the hard tail abit lately, taking my better half out on her 650b hard tail before we take her up into a dually. Decided today it needed some loving and a degrease. Then I randomly decided I was going tubeless.. Whilst I was at it decided some nice red spoke nippes were in order. :pound: Re tensioned and trued and 2.25 racing Ralph's fitted. Was a productive Sunday

Attachments

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Awesomerer ride today at Arthurs Seat / Red Hill with my Wife’s nephew… who’s 13 y/o and fearless with tons of skills. We have such a blast… anything with uphill in it, I win… anything that is all downhill, he easily wins. Such a great kid and his endless monos are a joy to watch. My wife dropped us at the top of Arthurs Seat, and we rolled down the hill to the mtb park, did a lap of Friends, then Rock Salt, Slippery Gypsy, East Link, some Pine Climb onto High Roller, then Wombat again onto Link and then out and down to the beach… then a beer.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Awesomerer ride today at Arthurs Seat / Red Hill with my Wife’s nephew… who’s 13 y/o and fearless with tons of skills. We have such a blast… anything with uphill in it, I win… anything that is all downhill, he easily wins. Such a great kid and his endless monos are a joy to watch. My wife dropped us at the top of Arthurs Seat, and we rolled down the hill to the mtb park, did a lap of Friends, then Rock Salt, Slippery Gypsy, East Link, some Pine Climb onto High Roller, then Wombat again onto Link and then out and down to the beach… then a beer.
Cool uncle buying the 13 y/o beers. Rock on!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Wifes new front wheel and tyre combo (Crest, XT 180mm and Rocket Ron 2.25) is 450 grams lighter than her stock front wheel. Admittedly her stockers are deore hubs and maxxis ignitor tubeless ready tyres with tubes..... but she is impressed non the less. Now just need to get my bike back from the shop (rear shock is rebuilt and back on it so hopefully tomorrow) so I can swap the rear rotor out. With any luck the rear has same saving which should see her 120mm alloy dualie around 12.0kg.

Meanwhile I am scoping carbon bars and a shorter stem.....

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Pushing the Punkah Pines. So rooty, so rocky, so sweet. Although looks like they're getting ready to harvest the top sections. Shame, these trails are so rawly awesome.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
more details required knackers... :madgrin:
Root + overcook + ineptitude = splat.

Tuck and rolled, no damage other than landing on my dickie shoulder that's been giving me grief for the last year or so, that I flared up last week pulling the starter out of the Land Barge.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt