What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went for a spin at the Youies with The Boy after school. After working for twenty minutes to try and fix his shifting issues, he tightened up his loose derailleur hanger and we were away.

I need to get used to leaning over more in corners on the Sight, give the side knobs on those Minions a chance to really dig in. I also need to get some climbing fitness. *gasp puff wheeze pant*

link1896

Mr Greenfield
An hour in the dark up and down hug and Blair Witch at Lysty. Feels good to be alive. Bloody slippery. Many an oh fuck moment.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Got home from work and two parcels had arrived … it’s like Christmas… I was actually excited.

So, I… installed a dropper, a new seat and bottle cage… serviced and greased the rear cup and cone hub, trued both rims and tubelessed a new rear Rocket Ron and the front Nobby Nic and they went up no sweat with the floor pump.

I test fitted a front derailleur (thanks Nautonier) and it fits fine… although the Zee short cage may make for a pretty loose chain if you stay in granny while going to a tall gear out back. Took the derailleur off and I’ll deal with this side of it later.

Then went and jumped off some kerbs, rode some stairs and popped some crappy monos… feels good to me, considering I weigh 20 more kilos that it is set up for… I hope she likes it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So, after riding my LaPierre consistently for a year now, I found out today that the Shimano shifters on it can also downshift Sram-style. This is going to change my whole life!

Also, new Nobby Nics are noticeably grippier than old Nobby Nics.
I'm trying to like it, but it's a struggle. So many years exclusive to sram makes shimano feel much less.

Willjh

Squid
I posted a reply with Links and its apparently waiting approval.

So here it is without links.

Backcountry Research tubetarp and Racestrap, Lyzyne Cage and Camelback bottle from mountainbikesdirect.

Some generic usb charge light and flasher (i had to ride in the dark on an unlit road) from the local bike shop for $50 and gotta say they are pretty good.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I'm trying to like it, but it's a struggle. So many years exclusive to sram makes shimano feel much less.
I prefer Sram, but I can't be arsed upgrading when the stuff works well enough right now. I'm thinking about converting to 1x11 though, so if I do I'll go Sram then.

Daetmi3

Likes Bikes
I just found out the same thing, and thank god too, as its much more natural the SRAM way....and now Shimano way!!!

So, after riding my LaPierre consistently for a year now, I found out today that the Shimano shifters on it can also downshift Sram-style. This is going to change my whole life!

Also, new Nobby Nics are noticeably grippier than old Nobby Nics.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I prefer Sram, but I can't be arsed upgrading when the stuff works well enough right now. I'm thinking about converting to 1x11 though, so if I do I'll go Sram then.
I hate it. Shimano levers aren't ergonomic like the sram goodies and the shifting action itself is not as crisp or responsive. The catch is shimano through crc is so fucking cheap! I just couldn't justify sram to myself when I built the NS up.

I just found out the same thing, and thank god too, as its much more natural the SRAM way....and now Shimano way!!!
It is better than it was, but shimano have done this for many years now. I'd guess at least 5, but probably closer to 10.

NS has a few little creaks, I assume part of the bedding in process rather than a cracked frame and flogged out bearings. So this morning I pulled the seat post out, cleaned up the shift, fresh grease and installed.

The frame has internal routing which I quite like. However for a few seconds it fooled me good! I hadn't considered the need to feed a bunch of extra cable through the frame so I could pull the seat post out. That brief moment of thinking I had joined the long list of people with a stuck seat post was unpleasant.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Yep. Definately. Have a look at the lever, it has two ergonomically shaped sides. Or you could have had a look :(

Also, just upgraded to XT 11 speed, shifter, derailleur, 11-42 cassette. Spent half the day drinking coffee and faffing around with the bike. Not happy about the rain though. That can eat a bagful of mooreys.

Willjh

Squid
Wife said dont spend money on the bike, But I sold my old RC Quadcopter gear so I used the money to buy Tubeless goo and some new tyres...

Shhh.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Challenged myself and did a run down track 6 (Lactic Acid) at the Youies without stopping, except that one slightly scary drop but I swear I'll think about trying it next time or maybe the time after that. Rode everything else on that track pretty well, though. One of the reasons I got the Norco Sight was so I could start stepping up my game and trying some more challenging stuff. No backing out now!

The Boy is absolutely loving his Strive. He was pretty good before, but with a decent bike under him he's something else again.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Morning and arvo mtb rides today. Finally fell off my bike in a boring corner not paying attention. Been about a year since I last fell off my mtb properly. (Hit the ground on my roadie 3 times last year in the wet before buying new tyres.........)

Glad to hit the ground in such a soft way. Have been riding stuff lately that a proper crash would seriously hurt.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Morning and arvo mtb rides today. Finally fell off my bike in a boring corner not paying attention. Been about a year since I last fell off my mtb properly. (Hit the ground on my roadie 3 times last year in the wet before buying new tyres.........)

Glad to hit the ground in such a soft way. Have been riding stuff lately that a proper crash would seriously hurt.
It is often the way. I once crashed riding my dh bike across a sandy patch at walking speed. I'd just exited a rock garden and was waiting for the others to catch up. I managed to crack my shin guard and slice right across my knee. Lots of blood and plenty of stitches. There was no object in the sandy surface that seemed the cause.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
It is often the way. I once crashed riding my dh bike across a sandy patch at walking speed. I'd just exited a rock garden and was waiting for the others to catch up. I managed to crack my shin guard and slice right across my knee. Lots of blood and plenty of stitches. There was no object in the sandy surface that seemed the cause.
Yeah that would suck I only scored light scratches. My wife on the otherhand was laughing and spent the rest of the ride warning me each time we came to a corner. Cheapest happy wife outcome ever. :eek:hwell: