What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

stickso

Likes Dirt
Wet firetrail ride this morning so fitted a 2.8 DHR on the back of my Torrent instead of the 2.8 Ikon I fitted since new. The DHR rolls surprisingly well with 17psi and brakes a shitload better than the Ikon - might leave it on.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Got back up to 20 km for the first time since getting back on the bike two weeks ago. It wasn't the quickest time I've ever done it in, but I done it.

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
Put it back together after getting back from 2 weeks riding around in NZ (along with running the Shotover Mountain Marathon). Spent time at 7 Mile, Wanaka, Queenstown bike park, Coronet/Rude rock, St James, and Kaiteriteri among others. Was pretty awesome. Need to go back!

This was a big jump for me hence looking scared!

golden path

Banned
Rode the mo-fo 20 odd k's, partly on the road unfortunately until I got to the singletrack I was after. Was fun after that.

Then I went to the LBS and got some new gloves because I felt like new gloves and my Dirtpaws are getting a bit frayed and scummy.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Started to prep it for bike Buller this weekend! A few PM items which were overdue a couple of months...
Also got a chance to give the new work stand a run, it's awesome, but it's hard to keep it well balanced with wheels on and clamped by the seat post...

pliskin

Likes Dirt
bought a 11 speed bundle from CRC to fit to the bike in preparation for the Mont
32 tooth front ring
new 11speed shifter
new 11 speed derailleur
new cabling/ cable housings
new 11-42 tooth cassette
new 11 speed chain

now just have to wait for it to arrive, then get it fitted and adjusted.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a delivery from merlin! Hope 35w wheelset. Set them up tubeless and decided to run them on my rune for a while instead of the ht.

Willjh

Squid
Rode about 6-7Kms of the Natio, Went Exploring found a cool little loop that I can knock out after work. Had loads of fun and a rad time.

Came home and bought some RaceFace Half Nelson grips as I dont like the standard ones on the Spectral, bought some Muc Off Dry and Wet Lube, a floor mat, a new Jersey and a Bleed Kit cause the brakes feel weird.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
FINALLY got out on the bike after a maelstrom of crappy non-bike riding distractions and rubbish weather. Had a great time, topped off by rounding a corner and seeing this. Managed a stylish dismount and snapped off a photo before it bolted:

20170307_195545.jpg

Presumably it was mesmerized by my nonchalantly excellent riding style and epic berm shredding abilities*

*lies

stirk

Burner
The kids have been friking about with my Joe blow floor pump and left it in the rain. After its drenching it was blowing brown water instead of air.

Popped the top capped off and gave it a good clean inside. It was surprising how dirty it was after two years of easy life, only use once or twice a week. Feels super smooth now with some fresh sliko!

IMG_20170310_131547.jpg

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Dropped her off at the shop for some love yesterday, $500 later and I still don't have working brakes (well, they work but not properly)

New bb, front hub bearings, cable for front derailer and cable outer for rear, plus full strip down and going over. Needs a bit more work but for over 2yrs since a bike shop has looked at it so it's not too bad.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Going riding at Nemesis location for my rear wheel in the morning. So changed out for a spare rear I don't care about the fate of. Too lazy to change rubber so 2.1 Maxxis Igniter it is....... little bit small for rough stuff so will be interesting. Also first time I have actually messed with center lock rotors to get a 180mm onto the back wheel of the spare set, SOOO easy compared to 6 bolt on all my other bikes past and present.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Also first time I have actually messed with center lock rotors to get a 180mm onto the back wheel of the spare set, SOOO easy compared to 6 bolt on all my other bikes past and present.
I'll never get the time back that I've waisted changing 6 bolt discs......

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
I'll never get the time back that I've waisted changing 6 bolt discs......
Yeah all those countless hours..... mind you I got the shits recently changing rotors and couldn't be f'd going to get my drill but that was maybe the first time in 7 years I had needed to change a rotor. :eek:hwell:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Tonight I pretty much finished my wife’s new (to us) Stumpjumper. Since it magically arrived on the night before her birthday (what a bonus) I have done…

… trued the rims, serviced the rear hub, tubeless Nobby Nic and Rocket Ron, dropper post and bolt up seat clamp, new chicks seat, SPD’s, inverted the stem, new bottle cage, added the 120's pump, converted it back to 2x10 (we’re old, so we need grannies), cut the bars, after failing to bleed the rear dodgy Avid’s I stole the SLX brakes off the Merida 120 and they are much more progressive and way betterer.

…anyway, I’m only waiting on a Rockshox forks ‘soft’ spring to finish it off.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
At the end of a trail this morning I was rolling along and looking back for the others when I hit a middle of trail little stump with my frame........ dont think carbon likes that...oops. Rock guard thing seems to have taken the brunt.

stirk

Burner
Yeah all those countless hours..... mind you I got the shits recently changing rotors and couldn't be f'd going to get my drill but that was maybe the first time in 7 years I had needed to change a rotor. :eek:hwell:
Why are you using a drill to change rotors? Fuck the bolt head up or just have zero muscles?