What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Converted the 29er to tubeless, threw a couple of tokens into the fork, and tightened the seat clamp after noticing the saddle had moved back a couple of cm during my last ride. Which I probably explains the creak I've been trying to get rid of.

Tomorrow it's off to Lysty with the boy.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

mtb1611

Seymour
MTB was initially laying dormant today, however....headed out to meet a mate for a roadie. 8 km in, got a puncture. Irritating but that's how it goes....msgd him to say I'd be a bit late to the rendezvous, which was 2km away. Then called him to ask if he could ride to my location, as my pump broke whilst repairing puncture. He duly did so, puncture fixed and wheel replaced onto bike. Rear derailleur cable then snapped! Called wife to come and get me, which she did. Was a cracker of a day and still only 9:00am so jumped on the mtb and did a lap at Mount Annan; not my fave track by any means but the trailhead is less than 10 minute's ride from my front door so convenience prevailed!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Lent my bike to a club mate for today's race as I was too crook to ride it and he'd broken his derailleur hanger the day before. Watched the race from the sidelines and helped with timing and the BBQ. They all came back muddy...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today, I showed a mate from work around Lysty. Last time we rode here, his first ever mtb ride, he only just made it to the top of Buckle and near died from heart palpitations. Now it’s a different story… fit and strong and going for it. We started a lap, added some of Comms up through the rock garden, alas Aneurism was closed, so back to the return side of Comms and then finished the lap… he loved it. Then beer.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Converted the 29er to tubeless, threw a couple of tokens into the fork, and tightened the seat clamp after noticing the saddle had moved back a couple of cm during my last ride. Which I probably explains the creak I've been trying to get rid of.

Tomorrow it's off to Lysty with the boy.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
29 and tubeless? Has somebody hacked Spike-X's account?

Have a good ride though.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Today, I showed a mate from work around Lysty. Last time we rode here, his first ever mtb ride, he only just made it to the top of Buckle and near died from heart palpitations. Now it’s a different story… fit and strong and going for it. We started a lap, added some of Comms up through the rock garden, alas Aneurism was closed, so back to the return side of Comms and then finished the lap… he loved it. Then beer.
I'm making similar progress! Well done to your mate.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
29 and tubeless? Has somebody hacked Spike-X's account?
I've had the 29er dually for over a year now. Before that, I had a 29er HT for a few years. The Sight (which I purchased a couple of months ago) is actually my first 27.5.

Yes, I scoffed at tubeless for ages, but after seeing how easily The Boy was able to convert his Canyon, I figured I'd give it a go on the Sight. That's been working well, so I decided to go all the way and do the other bike as well.

Have a good ride though.
I sure did!

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Went for a hitout this morning. Railed a rocky corner a little hard and smacked a rock on the inside of the corner with my trailing foot. Black and blue little toe. Hurts like fuck but doubt broken.

Bike was handling like a dream. Really happy with the current setup.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Went for a hitout this morning. Railed a rocky corner a little hard and smacked a rock on the inside of the corner with my trailing foot. Black and blue little toe. Hurts like fuck but doubt broken.

Bike was handling like a dream. Really happy with the current setup.
What bike you have and where did you ride?

BT180

Max Pfaff
Rode my very rocky local trails that highlighted some next level creaking around my headset and bars. I actually had to stop a couple of times to check that there weren't any cracks present!

Hopefully I just need to take the bars off and get some grease on the stem bolts.

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
Went for a sufferfest xc ride with some mates.

Lasted about 1 climb before training turned into "how fast do you think you can hit that flat turn/jump/drop without killing your self"

golden path

Banned
2.3 Maxxis Shorty EXO 3C TR and Marsh Guard ordered.

Tyre - my front Forekaster is very so-so on wet clay despite being billed as a winter-ish tyre. And the Ardent Race is what you'd expect in the wet... So the Forekaster will go on the back with the Shorty up front as my winter setup.

Marsh Guard to keep some shit out of my face, hopefully - and so I can look like an enduro-bro. :thumb:

mtb1611

Seymour
Got me some new shoes....kinda for my bike, kinda for me.......! THey look more road shoe than my road shoes but DAMN they're comfy! And will no doubt be scuffed imminently.....
IMG_1796.jpg

Last edited: