What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Great coupla hours at Menai. Good to see so many people out there enjoying the trails. But seriously, if your group is gonna stop for a chat, get the f%$# off the trail!

Some of the guys I ride with...oh man! Fucking retards. One guy refuses to get.off the trail, "they'll go round" he says. Ffs!!! Take 3 extra steps.

golden path

Banned
26km fluffing around, second ride on the Forekaster rear / Shorty front combo. I reckon I can deffo feel the extra drag compared to the Forekaster front / Ardent Race combo I ran over summer. So I guess I'll feel faster and stronger when I switch back in spring. :thumb:

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Took the roadie out for a loop, great Brisbane bike ride... Adding a few extras made it a 145km ride. Now I must sleep

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yesterday: Rode Convict 100 - with a stuffed rear shock. Felt like riding a pogo stick at times and made all sorts of horrible noises on any of the rougher descents. Finished with a big skid stop across the line, parked bike for the finish line beer and by the time I wheeled it back to camp the rear tyre was dead flat and dribbling sealant.

Today: looked at it on the work stand and used fruity tablet device to search for shock repairs. Not recovered enough for wrenching.

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Seven sets of Avid Elixir's and one set of Guide RSCs were bled yesterday and today at my mates place... No riding for another weekend :(

Olie1584

Likes Dirt
Transitioned my roadie into... Commuter-Spec!

F+R fenderz
Ultra-Blinder 9000 lights
Saint Flat Pedals.

It looks amazingly shit.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
From yesterday:

Finally got the remote lockout installed for the fork on the hardtail. Getting the spring into where it needed to go in the top of the fork was an absolute prick of a job. But it's done now.

Last edited:

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Got the front tyre (non-TR) on the hardtail set up tubeless, but could not get the back one (also non-TR) to bead to save my fvckin' life. Even when I took it to the servo and used their pump, it wouldn't hold air. Bugger it, I've got a new TR tyre coming from CRC, it won't kill me run a tube until then.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Got the front tyre (non-TR) on the hardtail set up tubeless, but could not get the back one (also non-TR) to bead to save my fvckin' life. Even when I took it to the servo and used their pump, it wouldn't hold air. Bugger it, I've got a new TR tyre coming from CRC, it won't kill me run a tube until then.
Spike... put a tube inside the tyre and pump the crap out of it, so the tube is way oversize... and leave it overnight, then try mounting it up tubeless again.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Spike... put a tube inside the tyre and pump the crap out of it, so the tube is way oversize... and leave it overnight, then try mounting it up tubeless again.
Yep, leave the tube in for a while, at least 24 hours at max PSI for the tyre, then carefully break only 1 side of the bead, soap the shit out of the bead and have another go at tubeless. That's worked for me before.

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Yep, leave the tube in for a while, at least 24 hours at max PSI for the tyre, then carefully break only 1 side of the bead, soap the shit out of the bead and have another go at tubeless. That's worked for me before.
Max psi for the rim or you might blow the tyre off. Tyre max can be way over rim max.

binner

Hath shat hymself
blown load

I've blown it up to 50 psi, and it seems to be holding, Cap'n!
don't go too far!!!

[video=youtube;MqV4Mzyr58c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqV4Mzyr58c[/video]

finally went 11 speed XTR with a 11-46 tooth, went back to 203mm front rotor, blinged up lock on rings with new anno and gave it some winter booties :mullet:

Attachments

Last edited: