What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
They're great grips, I have them on 2 bikes and will change them onto all my MTBs when their current grips wear out.
I got rid of mine. They were the slim version and the diameter was just too narrow for me. Was getting very sore hands after long descents.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
I got rid of mine. They were the slim version and the diameter was just too narrow for me. Was getting very sore hands after long descents.
I found for the first half of the race my hands went numb, left hand so numb I couldn't feel brake lever or change gear. Figured it was from gripping too tight due to very narrow trees and trying to get past slower riders and a bit amped to be racing. Once I got clear and relaxed a bit they were awesome, just need to learn not to hold on so tight.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I found for the first half of the race my hands went numb, left hand so numb I couldn't feel brake lever or change gear. Figured it was from gripping too tight due to very narrow trees and trying to get past slower riders and a bit amped to be racing. Once I got clear and relaxed a bit they were awesome, just need to learn not to hold on so tight.
I think that's partly to blame for me too; I'm holding on so tight. Maybe a brake upgrade is on the cards, or even just some new pads! in any case though, the thicker grips I'm running now sure have reduced the problem.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Smashed out 25.6 km around Kurrajong.

I'll be glad when they get that section of Plantation track fixed and opened up again*. That's one of the most funnest sections!

* Not a whinge; I understand these things take time, trail crew are all volunteers, etc.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yeah thats the way it goes, I have a set of ODI Elite Flow Lock-On's on my Evil and they are caning my hands on every ride, looking forward to wearing them out and replacing with GE1's.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Took the rear wheels off my Cotic and my wifes Stumpjumper… removed the tyres, sealant, tape, cassettes and broken spokes… off to the LBS tomorrow.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah thats the way it goes, I have a set of ODI Elite Flow Lock-On's on my Evil and they are caning my hands on every ride, looking forward to wearing them out and replacing with GE1's.
hahaha I just replaced my GE1s with Elite Flows.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Smashed out 25.6 km around Kurrajong.

I'll be glad when they get that section of Plantation track fixed and opened up again*. That's one of the most funnest sections!

* Not a whinge; I understand these things take time, trail crew are all volunteers, etc.
Just out of curiosity, what happened in there for it to be closed for so long?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Just out of curiosity, what happened in there for it to be closed for so long?
Damage caused by heavy rain.

There was one heavy rain that completely washed away one corner and covered it with leaves and branches, to the point where you couldn't even see the trail. They got that fixed up nicely, then an even heavier rain came along and did more damage. I'm not sure of the extent of it, because when sign says keep off trail, I keep off.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
From their FB post April 13th:

All trails are now OPEN except for part of track 16 near the Kurrajong Picnic Area. This section of the track 16 has received major flood damage and will take a few weeks to repair.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Damage caused by heavy rain.

There was one heavy rain that completely washed away one corner and covered it with leaves and branches, to the point where you couldn't even see the trail. They got that fixed up nicely, then an even heavier rain came along and did more damage. I'm not sure of the extent of it, because when sign says keep off trail, I keep off.
Same, same. I sort of figured it was the weather, but must have been bad because it's usually sorted pretty quickly.

Maybe a few additional features / lines being installed?? We can hope....

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Same, same. I sort of figured it was the weather, but must have been bad because it's usually sorted pretty quickly.

Maybe a few additional features / lines being installed?? We can hope....
That would be nice! I'm happy for it being the way it was, though. At least it's better than having to detour via track 18, which is boring as shit.

Look at me, being all spoiled.

Z

Zaf

I'm not sure it belongs in fuckwits, because I knew I was in guinea pig territory testing area anyway. But I can confirm, without a doubt, that a Float X does not fit in a current Stumpjumper FSR frame set, the air-can fouls on top tube during mounting. I was a little surprised, the Monarch Plus DebonAir fits, as does my current Cane Creek Coil (even with a larger spring). Might fiddle with some offset bushings and my new frame, but otherwise it'll be sold/swapped in near future.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Brrrrrrr… even with the heater going, it’s cold in the shed.

So replaced three spokes in the Cotic rear wheel and did all eight outside ones on the drive side of my wife’s bike. Only one had broken on her bike, but the others were toast, sort of mangled like they’d been attacked by the chain coming off the cassette. I didn’t get out there till late, so tomorrow night is truing, taping, tyres, stans, cassettes and brake rotor time.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Painted the lyriks, pressed in the 1.5 upper headset, installed with big heavy wheels and the tracer is ready to rock and roll again!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put 2 Ikons on the wifes 29er, quite a large bag in 2.35. Hit them with the compressor and after a bit of d1cking around they went up. Fck you TR ikons!

I gave the previous schwalbes to a mate who I found had taken up mtbing with his road hybrid, and was running OEM ~30mm commuter tyres at 65psi, and not doing that bad. Prob also says something about the state of Bris trails if you don't need knobs on your tyres anymore.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Put 2 Ikons on the wifes 29er, quite a large bag in 2.35. Hit them with the compressor and after a bit of d1cking around they went up. Fck you TR ikons!

I gave the previous schwalbes to a mate who I found had taken up mtbing with his road hybrid, and was running OEM ~30mm commuter tyres at 65psi, and not doing that bad. Prob also says something about the state of Bris trails if you don't need knobs on your tyres anymore.
Grip is a figment of your imagination!.........Don't try to tell my arm and leg that though....... they dont believe me

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is a bit like that, if you think you can or can't etc.

Btw I was referring to diff tyres to the NNic. I even made a rack to put all the spare tyres in, it's already full. Fark.