What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It is good news that Wylde gets a lot of punters there. At least it should survive in some form after the airport road changes are put in place.

The M7 also gets hectic at crack of dawn on the weekends too.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

mtb1611

Seymour
It is good news that Wylde gets a lot of punters there. At least it should survive in some form after the airport road changes are put in place.

The M7 also gets hectic at crack of dawn on the weekends too.

Agreed mate. I resided in Liverpool for many years and the cycle traffic on the M7 cycleway was at times chaotic; not aide din any way, shape or form by the "several abreast" approach of many small peletons!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Yes, TdF contenders are there each week. Good luck to them and all. The Pinoy teams are well represented. I admire the roadies organisation but couldn't be arsed myself.

The nearby McDonald's on the southern end gets packed too.

moorey

call me Mia
Rode it, till a guy in the group who doesn't jump, tried. 5h at the Hossie with him....and I don't even know him. Well, didn't, but pretty well acquainted now.

mtb1611

Seymour
Yes, TdF contenders are there each week. Good luck to them and all. The Pinoy teams are well represented. I admire the roadies organisation but couldn't be arsed myself.

The nearby McDonald's on the southern end gets packed too.

Doesn't it just....haven't actually ridden the M7 since moving to Mt Annan.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Lots of grease! Installed a new upper head set and stem on the pivot. The steerer was filthy with wet good so popped the seal on the lower bearing and pumped it full of fresh grease as well. Tuned up the front wheel as well and felt I was on a bit of a roll so busted out the infamous rotor truing tool. It kind of almost nearly might have worked.

Off for a pedal on it this afternoon. So we shall see how it works out. I might pop a new rotor and fresh pads on this week.

takai

Eats Squid
Got the first lot of discs for the bikes.

Ordered two sets of discs last Friday. One from Pushys and one from CRC. Both posted on Friday (give or take time zones). The CRC set arrived today, while the Pushys set has an ETA of next Thursday from Auspost. *sigh*

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Built a wood and all thread frame for hanging wheels and tyres from. Holy fuck I've got some wheels and tyres. This is almost all 26". The 29" stuff is in a cupboard upstairs still.

Last edited:

smegoal

Squid
New bearings in the bottom bracket, new pads front (first set of metal pads) 2nd hand set of pads in the back (had been contaminated but soaked in metho for a month so will see how they go. Greased front and rear wheel bearings my 7 year old cleaned the cassette for me and a little bit of oil in the hub. Loosed and torqued my bars and stem (did not have a sensitive enoth torque wrench when I got them so did it with kitchen scales holding the bar at 1 foot).

Up and down the road to bed the pads in, felt pretty good.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Never done a metho treatment myself, I wrap the pads up in alfoil and apply heat or flame until the smoking subsides.
I do isopropyl alcohol with the pads in a metal container and light it. Seems to work a treat.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Showoff.

Good machines are not expensive anymore. It's the best thing ever for really cleaning stuff. Mines lasted me a good 6 years now, I've used it a heap.

Need to buy a little guy, PITA filling a 15L monster for cleaning two bolts.

When I use solvents for cleaning nasty stuff, I use it outside in the wind.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Good machines are not expensive anymore. It's the best thing ever for really cleaning stuff. Mines lasted me a good 6 years now, I've used it a heap.

Need to buy a little guy, PITA filling a 15L monster for cleaning two bolts.

When I use solvents for cleaning nasty stuff, I use it outside in the wind.
Where do you get them from?

Psimpson7

Likes Dirt
With the exception of needing a shorter stem I think my new XC bike is done. I will say Yetis attempt at internal cable routing ports on this bike is crap.

These are super shiny!