What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
A friend of ours asked me to resurrect their old bikes. No rush she said.

Going by the amount of shit on them, they haven't been out of the shed for at least 5 years and the Silver 4 Series needed a new rear derailleur. Easy done.

Well, kinda easy. The grease in the shifters had gummed up and Red/White Series 6 has Juicy 3s. Just like my Juicy 7s, the lever piston had swollen over time. The piston fits the chuck of the Dremel perfectly, and after a bit of rotary filing they were good as new.

26" wheels look funny on such a tall bike.

LTIL: modern geometry.

Took both of them for a blast down the driveway to check everything was working, and fuck me, both front ends felt like they were trying to fold underneath me.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Night ride on the local creek walking track. Buzzed by three kids on monkey bikes. I had the headphones on, zooming along. Scared the absolute shit out of me.

takai

Eats Squid
Looked at it, considered pulling the old bike down for 10sp gear for the new bike. Put it back in the rack and bought 12sp gear...

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Just ordered new tyres for my daughter's 20" Trek and new water bottle cages all round. Oh and some nice Fox full finger gloves for my son's birthday next week.

Ordered from TBE, not a bad range of products and prices actually!

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I didn’t like the feel of debonair that was in it (2019).. It would suck/sag down 5-10% under the bikes own weight
A few weeks ago, I ordered a Debonair 170mm upgrade shaft to replace the standard version @ 160mm in my 2017 Lyrik.

Of course I didn't know RS were days away from releasing the C1 DebonAir shaft. I lost the extra 10mm travel of the new shaft to sag under the fork's own weight. I am way over recommended pressure to get 30% sag - currently same pressure as with the old air spring but it was running about 15% sag.

The fork is now nice and plush off the top, but would like the extra travel and not sure if I want to wait until the next regular service before getting the C1 sealhead in there .. more cash to throw at it!