What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Managed to get some riding in at the You Yang's for the first time in about 6 months, if not longer. A few showers and some Rotorburn royalty there, @Jpez and @beeb it was great to see you!

The Highlander is really coming alive now and felt beautiful riding there. Very happy with it!
Bike looked awesome @The Reverend, given your height you must be loving be loving the XL sizing of the Highlander too!

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike looked awesome @The Reverend, given your height you must be loving be loving the XL sizing of the Highlander too!
Thanks mate, likewise with your hardtail!
Definitely happy with the sizing. Whilst it's taken some fettling to get there at the front end, I think it's sweet and balanced now. I'll have to try NOT to fiddle with it. ;)

The back end of that bike is something rather special.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Up at Buxton for 'Hux at Bux' which I entered over a year ago and forgot about until Wednesday when I got the reminder email . Turns out that 3 months of desk work isn't the best prep for a race...
Managed to not be last, but it was a close run thing.
Was not expecting that much pedalling in the middle of stages. Need to go an work on the repeat sprints for a while

My first mountain bike event as a competitor, it was a bit of fun, although the wait times for each stage were a bit annoying. Especially the last stage when it was passing down and freezing!

The Agressor was the wrong tyre choice, dont think I manged a single clean corner, was sliding everywhere and was very close to coming off a few times (much of that is probably operator error

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was there too @mike14
My first race in about 2 years.

Challenging conditions to say the least, Stage 2 and 3 being like a mud-bath slippery dip. I somehow ended up backwards still upright on the bike out of a corner lol
Fun day on the bike.
Somehow managed to snag 5th in my class, but I'm feeling it now!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was there too @mike14
My first race in about 2 years.

Challenging conditions to say the least, Stage 2 and 3 being like a mud-bath slippery dip. I somehow ended up backwards still upright on the bike out of a corner lol
Fun day on the bike.
Somehow managed to snag 5th in my class, but I'm feeling it now!

View attachment 374032
Nice one!
There were plenty of quick times.
My legs felt ok after the first stage and then they just blew up halfway through the 2nd

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Went for a lovely ride yesterday at Smithfield and aced a number of technical sections that I suspected were more to do with momentum than tyre grip.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but focusing more on my pedalling and using my glutes rather than quads has helped immensely! Now to get some more hill climbs in.

I also moved my brake levers up again and more outboard, and they feel far more comfortable now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Went for a lovely ride yesterday at Smithfield and aced a number of technical sections that I suspected were more to do with momentum than tyre grip.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but focusing more on my pedalling and using my glutes rather than quads has helped immensely! Now to get some more hill climbs in.

I also moved my brake levers up again and more outboard, and they feel far more comfortable now.
Are growing a big dump truck of booty?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Yesterday did more trail maintenance at Fox Creek for the soft reopening today. No way in hell I'm going near the joint today, it will be absolute bedlam on the few open trails.

Decided I'd sneak in an early ride at OHH before picking my lad up from a sleepover.

FML car won't unlock. Blip blip thing makes the indicators flash but not unlock. Key won't unlock because it's never been used for that purpose, and too worn for the unworn rollers.

Broke in with time to spare to jiggle the brain box a bit, so at least that works for now, then picked up the lad.

Looks like another short, shit session on the turbo, watching YouTube.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk