What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Still waiting for e*thirteen to release the schrader Quick Fill valves. Not as good as a full shcrader, but still better than the alternative…
It looks like a good innovation, apparently I can just upgrade to them when they're released.

Jpez

Down on the left!
How good is Boogaloo > Lower Mystic and also how fun is Woolsheds. Good weekend. Also of course you got the go fast stripes Transit :p
Love boogaloo etc. was always just a bit annoying having to pedal up the road to get there so being able to descend from the launch pad down and straight into it is awesome!

Woolshed. It was a blast! One of those places each time you do another run you remember a bit more and can let off the brakes.

And go fast stripes. Those stripes give me an extra 20kw man :p

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Love boogaloo etc. was always just a bit annoying having to pedal up the road to get there so being able to descend from the launch pad down and straight into it is awesome!

Woolshed. It was a blast! One of those places each time you do another run you remember a bit more and can let off the brakes.

And go fast stripes. Those stripes give me an extra 20kw man :p
Where's your machine gun roof racks!?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Took the roadie to the physio/bike fit guy.

His trainer mangled the crap of my rear QR skewer which is super annoying…

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Stumbled across the 4-piston callipers that were on the Procaliber when it was euthanased, including the Race Matrix pads. For those new to the game the old XT pads fit the new XTR calipers, so out with the "new" resin pads, in with the "old", freshly flambéd Matrix pads, and now my brakes work the way I want them to!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I'm no ornithologist but prob just a Brown Falcon - I think all birds of prey are really cool, we have a big Tawny mount owl hoo regularly stays near our place which makes me happy. Around here you always see the Falcon's hunting out the paddocks, just didn't expect it to be me.
Never bluff a Falcon of any kind as they have no sense of humour. I tried to bluff a Peregrine on a cliff face under a nest site a couple of decades back and I consider myself fortunate to have the back of my head. The noise that was made just behind me sounded like two jet fighters tearing a roll of carpet in half lengthwise at near light speed. I made every effort not to be the roll of carpet on the next pass...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Loaned wife's bike to a mate whose wife is looking for similar. Got it back after a couple of weeks and the front tyre won't hold air and has a slow leak. Gave it a bath and the entire sidewall casing is leaking! Old old tyres. New ones on their way.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So I’m down the local dirt jumps making an embarrassment of myself and there’s a couple of pimply kids there on crap bikes but having a blast who are actually quite impressed at my lack of skill for some reason.
Anyway one of them takes a shine to my bike and is all ‘that’s sic’ etc.
Asks me do I ride other places. Yep.
Been to youyangs.? Yep. ‘Sic’. Been to bright? Yep just got back 2 days ago. ‘sic’.
Kid then says ‘are you retired now and just ride bikes?’
What?? I’m not that fucking old. Kid thought I was retirement age….

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So I’m down the local dirt jumps making an embarrassment of myself and there’s a couple of pimply kids there on crap bikes but having a blast who are actually quite impressed at my lack of skill for some reason.
Been to youyangs.? Yep. ‘Sic’. Been to bright? Yep just got back 2 days ago. ‘sic’.
They are just being nice to the old man... :D

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ok boomer

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Finally back in this thread. Did the front of Stromlo today, @SummitFever I've only been riding the north trails lately, haven't gone over the top for ages.

The struggle was real with low bike fitness and 34/42, spent a lot of time in "granny" :)

But I rode the whole fkn thing to the top. Lack of stamina got me on the down on Skyline but I got a decent run on Luge and felt good. Followed skater Dave who has been going pretty quick but he didn't have the berm lines and inside lines on Luge so I was pretty relaxed keeping up. Having beers later he asked me about it, he was not going high enough in the berms mostly.

The Bronson continues to be silent. The lack of servicing, following old mate at Santa Cruz who said don't wash em too much, and XT, it just goes and does what it does. Hose, wipe, lube chain with blue Rock n Roll, tyres ok, ride. Oh I had to pump the shock up after the ride too, couple of pedal strikes that shouldn't have happened.

To me it's the ultimate trail/xc machine. I have more beer gut than the difference in weight between this and a proper xc, and it's insane light compared to other 160/150 bikes.

I'm going out again tomorrow for my 51st b'day as tradition dictates. Might ride the north, keep it fairly flat and hit Deep Creek.

Thanks Rotorburn for existing. Good people having good conversations, sometimes about bikes.

PXL_20231223_062000063.MP_copy_1024x769.jpg