What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
EWS has nothing on the Strava World Championships
The Rotorburn leaderboard tells a different story, even that Zwifter @rockmoose is up there.
According to strava, I've only done that segment twice. I really don't get all the raving fanfare. Seems to be a waste of a shuttle run, in my eyes.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Well, this happened a few days ago now, but I've gone and broken my Levo SL. :(

I was riding with a mate up in the Wild Mersey trails, 40km into the ride and just headed down the black Syked Out trail and from what I can work out, on the second drop the derailleur seems to have caught on the cassette, got dragged around with the cassette and was torn off. It then continued into the wheel and jammed between the wheel and seat stay, breaking the carbon seat stay.
1704750123664.png
1704750152793.png

1704750184082.png
1704750205479.png

At the time, I thought it was just cracked a bit and it seemed to be holding my weight, so we took the chain off, disconnected the cable from the derailleur and rolled all the way back to Railton. Fortunately, it was mostly downhill and the bits that weren't I was able to hang onto my mate's backpack and he towed me.

Got home and pulled the bike apart and found it was really just the factory chain protection and the frame wrap that was holding it together.:oops:
I did some of the smaller jumps and all on the way back!:eek:

Anyway, just got the quote for a new seat stay, derailleur, chain, hanger and to true the wheel with a pivot bearing kit thrown in while the bike is apart, so just over $1k to get it going again. I'll be testing out my house and contents insurance on this one.

The old trusty Sight is now on commuting duties for the time being.
1704750814056.png

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I loved the 90 minutes I had the first time round. I'd been working away from home for nearly two weeks, with 14-15 hours per day for the last 8 days to earn the Friday to myself before getting on the boat on Saturday. I spent that wandering around Hobart and Mt Wellington and so by time I dragged the bike out to ride the Mt Wellington trails Friday arvo it was late, I was shagged, so I pulled the pin, I think I rode a whole 800m.

Set the alarm ridiculously early Saturday to do the coast and hopefully make it to Derby in time. And I still nearly didn't ride. After the disaster the day before and everything you hear about Tassie trails, if it wasn't for my WHOLE club knowing I was there (there was a club race the weekend before and Mrs George was saying lovely things about where I was, I'm sure ;)), and the distinct chance of never getting there again, I might not have even pulled the bike off the back seat.

But bugger me if it wasn't the best ride of my Dadbod life. I don't remember the exact trails I took going up, but I did the whole Kingswall decent and I had never attacked rocks like that before. The only thing that held me back a bit was the explaining I would have to do to Mrs George if I'd binned it and missed the boat home. I reckon that would've have hurt more than the actual crash!
If you missed the boat you could’ve snagged another days ride haha! Kingswall is a great trail. One of my all time favourites.

slowmick

38-39"
With our holiday plans cancelled this year I had a chance to get out in the shed this afternoon. I am now 2 wheels close to new bike day.

1704802446238.png

I also put together the light bar for the bike rack I got for Christmas in 2019 that got put on the shelf when the same holiday plans got cancelled in 2020.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
With our holiday plans cancelled this year I had a chance to get out in the shed this afternoon. I am now 2 wheels close to new bike day.

View attachment 406099

I also put together the light bar for the bike rack I got for Christmas in 2019 that got put on the shelf when the same holiday plans got cancelled in 2020.
Double Kryptotal Re?

slowmick

38-39"
Double Kryptotal Re?
You made me go check - 1 x Fr 1 x Re - on the correct wheels and even pointing in right direction. Valves not lined up to Rotorburn standard though.
They were pretty easy to install and even stayed inflated over night without sealant.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
You made me go check - 1 x Fr 1 x Re - on the correct wheels and even pointing in right direction. Valves not lined up to Rotorburn standard though.
They were pretty easy to install and even stayed inflated over night without sealant.
Ah interesting, I only managed to find the Re in white label version.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Bit warm and humid over here in Griffith this week. They had a massive rain dump Monday morning. Makes my life easier as there's too much sitting surface water so the tractors stay parked.

So I didn't get on the bike quite as early as I'd hoped, but still got an hour in on the rocks.

They're nowhere near as scary in daylight.

1000008155.jpg

1000008156.jpg

1000008157.jpg

1000008158.jpg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
1000011027.png

Kid: I'm going to ride down those stairs.
Dad: I'll tow you in.
Mum: I'll take photos.

Rode with the family and some friends at Black Hill.

Eldest son romped it down some blue trails, and the local junior DH track "Mini Muddies". I really had to try to keep up with him. The proper air forks I put on his bike have been a game changer to his confidence and ability.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did a few laps at the local and was driving out about 8.30pm and I see a big lump on the road walking ahead of me. I stop. And we stare at each other for a bit then he walks on oblivious to me rolling behind him. Finally he finds the spot to pull off and waddles up the embankment and we stare at each other so a good 20 sec only about a meter apart. He had a big old gnarly head. Photo is crdp ss it was getting dark by then.
My kid says it’s an Icabod.
IMG_0488.jpeg

And a pic of a bike from the same place but last week as I forgot today.
IMG_0434.jpeg

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
View attachment 406168
Kid: I'm going to ride down those stairs.
Dad: I'll tow you in.
Mum: I'll take photos.

Rode with the family and some friends at Black Hill.

Eldest son romped it down some blue trails, and the local junior DH track "Mini Muddies". I really had to try to keep up with him. The proper air forks I put on his bike have been a game changer to his confidence and ability.
Stop it. I don't have $600 buck's for the Little Sender's bike