What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
I'm glad you only fly the planes :p
U’d be amazed at the screwdrivers and sockets I’ve found floating around in the cowls m8 :cool:

The UDH should have a warning on it. If you don't have a dual direction torque wrench, you are going to fuck this up, which probably 95% of us don't.
I didn’t know that u could even buy a wrench that didn’t torque in both directions . The previous 3 I’ve had did both

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I euthanased a Cervelo Aspero today...
It had to be done. The poor thing was in a world of pain. Kindest thing to do in the circumstances. It's BB was as slack as a Russian whore and nothing could fix it. Once I had administered the "waggling a pencil in a loo roll" test, there was no other choice.
Thankfully, those nice people at Cervelo have decided that this frame was obviously the runt of the litter and have been gracious enough to send the customer a new one. happy days.

IMG_5606.jpeg
IMG_5608.jpeg
IMG_5607.jpeg

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It had to be done. The poor thing was in a world of pain. Kindest thing to do in the circumstances. It's BB was as slack as Russian whore and nothing could fix it. Once I had administered the "waggling a pencil in a loo roll" test, there was no other choice.
Thankfully, those nice people at Cervelo have decided that this frame was onviously the runt of the litter and have been gracious enough to send the customer a new one. happy days.

View attachment 407670View attachment 407671View attachment 407672
Ready for a Pinion conversion? ;)

Jpez

Down on the left!
Normally I'd stay home in weather like this, but it's not every day you get suspension back from Bike Jesus (Cyclinic) plus plus if you don't get heatstroke do you even ride bro.

View attachment 407676

Cyclinic predictably delivered so bike felt superb.
Looks minty! And pines. Homer dribble..
How do you keep your bikes looking so clean?? Literally 5 minutes after owning anything it looks trashed. I don’t deserve nice things.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Normally I'd stay home in weather like this, but it's not every day you get suspension back from Bike Jesus (Cyclinic) plus plus if you don't get heatstroke do you even ride bro.

View attachment 407676

What temps are we talking? We had a hot summer, must have been over 40 for the best part of 3 weeks over here, made riding interesting, and very sweaty…

How do you keep your bikes looking so clean?? Literally 5 minutes after owning anything it looks trashed. I don’t deserve nice things.
Same. My bike is lucky if it gets a wash, although I don’t tend to ride in the wet.
Also goes for a service covered in dust!

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

View attachment 407676

I am quite excited to see how the new Dread performs (hopefully only a week or two to go). Rarely a bad report about the V1 bikes and with the improvements with the V2 Druid things are looking good!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
It had to be done. The poor thing was in a world of pain. Kindest thing to do in the circumstances. It's BB was as slack as Russian whore and nothing could fix it. Once I had administered the "waggling a pencil in a loo roll" test, there was no other choice.
Thankfully, those nice people at Cervelo have decided that this frame was onviously the runt of the litter and have been gracious enough to send the customer a new one. happy days.

View attachment 407670View attachment 407671View attachment 407672
Wow, that's more comprehensive than what they did to my Procaliber. One slice directly in front of the BB and on the shed wall forever more

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Wow, that's more comprehensive than what they did to my Procaliber. One slice directly in front of the BB and on the shed wall forever more
Because it's a warranty job, Cervelo want pictures of the frame with the BB cut out. A lot of manufacturers do these days.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Because it's a warranty job, Cervelo want pictures of the frame with the BB cut out. A lot of manufacturers do these days.
My shop is amazing, they were supposed to send the frame back to Trek, not even sure they asked permission, just one slice and back in my hands.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We are going away for 2 months, mostly the US, but a side trip to Costa Rica for some MBT riding. We are not taking our bikes so I thought I would give mine a clean up.
Been very dry and dusty till the rain starred about 3 o'clock. Bike is filthy from the dust so getting a complete tear down.
Even sending the fork and shock in for their 20,000 hour regular service.
20240310_152437_copy_1008x756.jpg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Heh, so I'd given the bike a clean prior to suspension servicing and that photo was taken halfway up the first climb. Don't worry it looks trashed now.
What temps are we talking? We had a hot summer, must have been over 40 for the best part of 3 weeks over here, made riding interesting, and very sweaty…
Was 38 here yesterday, although it felt a lot cooler where I was (down by the coast) until about midday. Still sweated buckets though, final climb might've been more of a walk....