What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fkn bingo. She is an absolute menace. The Basenji x Foxy mix is not for the faint hearted.

She's a rescue (like her brother) so we had no idea, but holy crucifixion guy she is a handful.

The brother, Jack Russell x Daschund is less work for sure.
My parents have Basenjis - when they choose to nice they can be cute, but they certainly have their own ideas about how humans should service their needs and what they do about ensuring their human staff dont get any funny ideas.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fkn bingo. She is an absolute menace. The Basenji x Foxy mix is not for the faint hearted.

She's a rescue (like her brother) so we had no idea, but holy crucifixion guy she is a handful.

The brother, Jack Russell x Daschund is less work for sure.
Does she do the hilarious Basenji sitting method - on her bum with back feet sticking out in front?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
My parents have Basenjis - when they choose to nice they can be cute, but they certainly have their own ideas about how humans should service their needs and what they do about ensuring their human staff dont get any funny ideas.
This is how Pippy works

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I did nothing with my bike today. But I did service and modify a riding buddies bike. Said riding buddy is an ex school teacher that has just started riding again in her mid sixties.

She and her friend (who is riding an ancient Speedwell Madison) trundle about with the coffee crew a couple of times a week. Their shared goal is to get and keep fit and get good enough to get up a local rise with an average grade of 5.7% over 650 metres and a max grade just over 8%. It's a steep little pinch.

Anyway, watching her winching (heaving?) herself without much complaining up various rises around town on this little cheap 7 speed sit up and beg ladies bike got a bit much. She was clearly doing it tough. Mostly because of the 46T front ring. So I suggested I find her something smaller. Found a very basic 40T crank for $40 at Velogear and I fitted it today.

Also checked the hubs (dry, no grease, rumbling) then filled them with grease and readjusted the preload so they actually roll, adjusted the V brakes so they do more than just slow her down eventually and tweaked the gear shift (I don't like Revoshift at all!!). Chain got its first ever post-bike shop lube too. Not really a surprise given the nearest bike shop is 110 km away...

Then I went on a test ride down my unsealed driveway. It's way too small for me and the geometry is just weird. More terrifying than my one attempt at downhill on a XC hardtail. But it works.... hopefully it makes her life easier!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Im going to have to start taking the same way in as I come home along. Its longer, but its mostly on a bike path...

The way I go in is direct and pretty quick as its mostly downhill, but there is a 500m section where I have to take the lane as its narrow between parked cars and traffic islands - and cars get dangerous monstering me and trying to squeeze past. It's a 50 zone and Im doing 30ish so not exactly taking a lot of time out of their lives, and I invariably pass them again another km down the street at the next lights, but its just too much stress and a shit start to the day.
Don't skip leg day. Work on some power mashing.

Then sit on their arse through the tight bits.

The look of horror on their faces in the mirror is priceless.

Had one bloke cut me up going into a 40kmh school zone. Easy draft on a roadie. Scared the fuck out of him when I tapped on his driver's window at said 40kmh.

cammas

Seamstress
So after looking for some feedback on something different to Maxxis tyres I ended up going with some WTB’s with a Vigilante up front and Trail Boss out back after @fjohn860 recommendation both 2.6. Hopefully they stretch out a little bit more as the front is around 2.5 which isn’t too bad, but the rear is only measuring 2.44 so it better fatten up a bit.

Now I can’t find my presta valve adapter anywhere and I forgot to get another one when I ordered one of the tyres, so I had to use my hack, they would probably go up with the floor pump but it’s me who struggles with it, due to not being able to breathe properly :rolleyes:

Anyway I have a compressor but it’s useless without the adapter, so I get out the air gun/blower, take the hose off the floor pump, hook them together and presto, lock on the floor pump fitting pull the trigger and the tyre is up in seconds. Now to test them out.

IMG_9235.jpeg

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
So after looking for some feedback on something different to Maxxis tyres I ended up going with some WTB’s with a Vigilante up front and Trail Boss out back after @fjohn860 recommendation both 2.6. Hopefully they stretch out a little bit more as the front is around 2.5 which isn’t too bad, but the rear is only measuring 2.44 so it better fatten up a bit.

Now I can’t find my presta valve adapter anywhere and I forgot to get another one when I ordered one of the tyres, so I had to use my hack, they would probably go up with the floor pump but it’s me who struggles with it, due to not being able to breathe properly :rolleyes:

Anyway I have a compressor but it’s useless without the adapter, so I get out the air gun/blower, take the hose off the floor pump, hook them together and presto, lock on the floor pump fitting pull the trigger and the tyre is up in seconds. Now to test them out.

View attachment 407822
Umm trying to fit WTB bicycle tyres to Harley has probably stretched them a bit thin ;)

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt

View attachment 407822
Brilliant!