What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Sure not ideal… Wasn’t really thinking straight to be honest. See how you feel after being told to get fucked by the idiot that nearly ran you down though…
Yeah you're the only one to have ever had people swerve and swear at you, it's why I generally avoid riding on roads... If you can't keep a straight head and need to resort to violence you are part of the problem.
I'd have taken his number plate, sounds like you had time to take a photo of it and reported it to the cops.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah you're the only one to have ever had people swerve and swear at you, it's why I generally avoid riding on roads... If you can't keep a straight head and need to resort to violence you are part of the problem.
I'd have taken his number plate, sounds like you had time to take a photo of it and reported it to the cops.
lol, like the cops would give a shit. That’s fine, you can get all judgy if you like. I didn’t say it was a particularly measured response but adrenaline can do funny things.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
lol, like the cops would give a shit. That’s fine, you can get all judgy if you like. I didn’t say it was a particularly measured response but adrenaline can do funny things.
For all you know, said fuckwit is already on a good behavior bond, or up to his eyeballs with infringements, so yeah maybe the cops would have done something...
All punching his window has done is made him hate bikes more, and probably also anyone who saw some dickhead cyclist punching someone's car.
I followed a builder in a 3ton Isuzu to a construction site around the corner after he swerved at me and blasted the horn... Took photos of his truck, he came out swearing at me, took photos/video of him and reported it...
Had a phone call a couple days later and was asked to give a statement. A couple weeks later was told his licence had been suspended as he was already on a good behavior bond with zero demerit points...one less fuckwit on the road.
Coincidentally it was one of the last roadie rides I've done, had done 80kms without issue and was about 600m from home and nearly got killed. Pissed me right off.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah… It’s just so quick this way, and mostly ok.
I've just been point of contact for some skylight cleaning contractors because my boss is away. They are cleaning the roof of our "new factory/workshop (~6m roof). I was checking their SWMS, meeting them onsite, making sure they've good to go etc.

Imagine if they decided to leave the harnesses, lifelines and safety lanyards at the depot "it's just so quick this way...."

Flow-Rider

Burner
Had a rippa extended weekend in Derby with my brother Jeremy who lives in Canberra and a couple of his mates along with my other brother Nick, that lives here in Tassie.
Jeremy hasn't had a whole lot of riding experience, so did a pretty good job to manage 4 days of riding.
Kept the trails fairly easy with a pedal up to Hazy Days, down to the Derby Tunnel, around the Lake Trail and up to What-Ya-Up-Ta, for the Friday arvo. The First 13 and Blue Tier for the Saturday. Flicktery Sticks and Valley Ponds on the Sunday and a few laps around the Latrobe, Wild Mersey trails on Monday.
It was also kind of a 50th birthday ride for myself, hence the "decorations" the boys put on my bike :p
View attachment 407884
View attachment 407885
View attachment 407886
View attachment 407887
View attachment 407888
View attachment 407889
This didn't happen to be your brother ?

1710991859066.png

Haakon

I've just been point of contact for some skylight cleaning contractors because my boss is away. They are cleaning the roof of our "new factory/workshop (~6m roof). I was checking their SWMS, meeting them onsite, making sure they've good to go etc.

Imagine if they decided to leave the harnesses, lifelines and safety lanyards at the depot "it's just so quick this way...."
The section of road in question is not exactly a freeway - it’s a 50kph urban street and narrow. Traffic is often pretty heavy and doing around 40 tops anyway so I’m not exactly presenting a huge speed differential to people. It’s just agro and impatience, and more often than not I’m passing them again a couple of hundred metres down the road at the lights…

It should be safe through there.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Traffic is often pretty heavy and doing around 40 tops anyway so I’m not exactly presenting a huge speed differential to people.
Back when I was commuting in Sydney in these scenarios I would sit right in the middle of the lane and crank it at 40k's, although I had the fitness to do it in those days haha. A bit of an uphill or closer to 50 that's not so easy though.

If you can keep pace in the middle of the lane people aren't usually bothered.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
As a side note to today's ride and my good deed for the day.

There was a year 8 MTB riding excursion from a Kellyville school where I crossed paths with quite a few of the kids. Kudos to the two teachers riding with them that wouldn't have been a easy task to herd 30 or so kids on the spaghetti of Wylde while hoping no one has a big off in the process. They have two activity days this week being today and another tomorrow to ride at Wylde. It was their first time there.

I ended up joining up with a large chunk of them on Smiles for Miles. Unfortunately, young John had an off and lost a bit of skin near his cheek and a bit a blood from his lips. I didn't see the crash but he was a bit dazed and everything was blur. He is going to be purple and sore tomorrow. Gave him my water bottle but handily I didn't bring any first aid on shorter rides - note to self to fix. Offered to walk him back to the car park so the rest could continue on but the teachers were going to do that so I offered to be the sweeper to keep track of the eager d00dz that had already head off.

Parted company after reaching the car park and I went back in for another lap. Saw the kid that was walking Johnny's bike back to the car park. This kid had a full face and a Ripmo AF but was keen to fulfil his bike walking duty. We were about 100m from the Three Sisters jumps so told him I'll walk the bike back - your first time here and all kitted up and if you don't have fun now then I won't be happy if you miss these bits. Get going but don't beat yourself up like Johnny :cool:

Met young Mr Ripmo at the BMX track and handed back the Merida. I set off to complete my lap.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Had a 5 day stint in roto.
First 2 days were a slop fest and filled with mechanicals.
rest of it was magic filled with rut slapping and seat bounce otb’s
IMG_8033.jpeg
IMG_8105.jpeg

The slickness allowed for sum good penguin slides whilst bikes went cartwheelin down the hill.
IMG_8106.jpeg

One of 8 rocks in the entire redwoods.
This one is called Dwayne Johnson and had some good mossyness to it.

IMG_8127.jpeg
IMG_8116.jpeg

Haakon

Back when I was commuting in Sydney in these scenarios I would sit right in the middle of the lane and crank it at 40k's, although I had the fitness to do it in those days haha. A bit of an uphill or closer to 50 that's not so easy though.

If you can keep pace in the middle of the lane people aren't usually bothered.
Yeah I do that along this stretch, I’m probably doing 30-35 on rhe flat and close to the speed limit on the last section. I had full possession of the lane and still this prick pushed past… Hence the angry.
I sure as shit don’t hug the doors of parked cars, and there are traffic islands all along there so there’s just no way for a safe pass so I make it clear it’s not being invited by where I sit in the lane.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Had a 5 day stint in roto.
First 2 days were a slop fest and filled with mechanicals.
rest of it was magic filled with rut slapping and seat bounce otb’sView attachment 407941View attachment 407942

The slickness allowed for sum good penguin slides whilst bikes went cartwheelin down the hill.
View attachment 407943
One of 8 rocks in the entire redwoods.
This one is called Dwayne Johnson and had some good mossyness to it.

View attachment 407945View attachment 407944
That crash photo is fantastic.