What do all you Farkiners do for a living?

punkfreq

Likes Dirt
Simple question, as I am very bored and I wondered what people do for a living. Do you work behind a desk? Do you get to work in the great outdoors? Or, the greatest gift of all, do you have a MTB related job?

Party on wayne
Party on garth

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
At the moment... im unemployed woot!! Nah it sucks... im in the process of looking for a job.. anywhere! but to all the ppl on here that have mtb related jobs.. im intensely jealous!

punkfreq

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
Researcher & Cataloguer for ABC News, 7.30 Report & Foreign Correspondent.
wow that sounds really interesting! how did you find yourself in a job like that?

(note: that wasnt me taking the piss out of you I am actually interested)

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
Yeah.. that does sound pretty cool... is it alot like journalism?? my stepmum used to be a journalist.

RCOH

Eats Squid
punkfreq said:
wow that sounds really interesting! how did you find yourself in a job like that?
While I was studying to become a librarian, a friend of a girl in my class, who worked for ABC Radio Archives, said they needed someone to catalogue Triple J & other radio programs to help get rid of a backlog. I applied for the job & got it, starting off part time until I completed ny studies, then full time, then radio researcher for Radio National, then moved to Document Archives, then moved back to Radio & for last year & a bit been doing TV work.

Definitely a case of being in right place at right time.

Pretty Mistake - we do the research for the journalists, they take the credit!

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
Im at school and I wanted an easy job that I could do which involved my bike. Don't really know how to assemble bikes so I went with paperboy :p Its fun and it keeps me fit. Nice job.

Kammy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
im still at school aswell but when i finish atm im looking at a career in Hospitality, Media (filming and photography) or something to do with sport ie Physiotherapist.

my current job is a soccer referee which brings in a lot of abuse:D but also a lot of $$$ to spend on my bicycle

projectsplat

The film guy
I run a small media company doing corporate videos and the like. As part of this I do a lot of work as a video editor, designer and authorer.

Nice work, but takes up a lot of time. Not enough time to get out riding.

Al

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
Researcher/Statistican/Programmer/Geek in international child health.

Dull as dogsh!t most of the time but i get to travel to exotic destinations a couple of times a year. Oh and get to work on projects that save 10000...s of kids lives.

Now back to work.. gotta get a bunch of tables done tonight for some bigwigs in WHO to present at the neonatology forum in India next week..

Last edited:

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
GrubNut said:
get to work on projects that save 10000...s of kids lives.
Im so jealous.. my dad is fairly lucky like that.. with his job he helps out heaps of youngins! its cool.. rock on :D

floody

Wheel size expert
Currently I work casual in a bikeshop, sales/repairs, almost 100% mtb stuff too.
Greatest gift though? I wouldn't call working in the bike trade that, its mostly hard work and shit pay.

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
still at school but i make pizzas 2 nights a week at a local pizza shop and on saturdays sell mobile phones... good money but super boring, anyone need a new one???

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
I don't have a job at the moment. I'm multitalented though... I was working as a cook, but I'm over hospitality and I wanna get back into either the bike industry or into DVD/film... I run a small business making DVDs still.
so if anyone is hiring... lemme know

GrubNut

Likes Dirt
RCOH said:
Pretty Mistake - we do the research for the journalists, they take the credit!
Aye brother I feel your pain, just substitute doctors for journalists in the above statement ^

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just finished school and now working at a Graphic Design firm in St Leonards, Sydney and then doing TAFE next year as well as working 3 days a week. I also do the occasional freelance work for a few different companies as well which keeps the cashflow up.

SCOB

Likes Dirt
loving sittin behind a desk after 18 months of shit kickin for a builder. fark apprentice wages too. real estate

wrongie

Likes Dirt
Fancy name for it is Musculoskeletal Therapist. Really I'm just an over qualified sports massager. Done a fair bit of study interstate, and am going back to uni to do a postgrad masters of physio starting next july. Good work though - run it from home and get to cut out whatever time to go riding and trips away. The only drawback is I need fully working joints in my arms and hands, so trying not to stack and create work issues is the hardest.

Well, it's time to go back to massaging that hot chick's inner thigh now... ;)

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
RCOH said:
I want your job next year. Prepare to have your identity stolen.