What do you call a low BB?

bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
I was wondering what is classed as a low bottom bracket?

I hear people say that the Sunday has a low bb, 13.9". This seems to me to be a med/average bb height, am I wrong in thinking that? My last bike had a bb of 12.4" (Kona stab)

I'm thinking of a V10 but it has a bb of 14.8". I think that's high???
Or the intense socom fro bb of 14.1", or as above a Sunday?

Does it make a difference (to bb ride height) if it is a single pivot (like the kona), a mystro, a dw link or a vpp?

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would say anything under 14" is low, my glory is about 14.2" but running 35% sag in the rear I hit my feet just as much as my old Orange which was 13.8"

I wouldn't get too worried about BB height, anything close to 14" is going to be good enough in the corners.

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Remember BB height is measured to the center of the bb, not the bottom. 12.4" seems pretty rediculas.

For an 8" bike, anything above 14.5" is quite high.

bethextrem1

Likes Dirt
Remember BB height is measured to the center of the bb, not the bottom. 12.4" seems pretty rediculas.

I agree that 12.4" seems rediculas but that's what Kona say the 2006 model stab has. It doesn't feel lower than a glory but the numbers quoted are so different it's confused me. That's why i've asked if a vpp style link sits differently than a single pivot, that includes a single pivot rocker linkage i.e Kona (it's not a four bar I don't care what the idiots at Kona call it!)

Last edited:

shiznik

Banned
I run my 222 on the sencond lowest setting with 215mm e2e shock and the BB sits a bees dick over 13" which is awesome IMO, if it's a really rocky track I might put it up one setting, but it slices like a ninja on 13". :p
Sundays are an inch too high.