What do you do with sliced tyres?

nathanm

Eats Squid
I’m keen to hear how you managed this. Like myself, you’re not the most aggressive rider. That said, I do ride/race badly on plenty of very rocky tracks. I’ve put a small cut in one rear but never cut a front, running basically the same tyres.
Mate I'm one of the most aggressive riders you will ever meet. I'm like a drunk bogan at lock out time in Kings Cross, every other rider I meet I challenge to a fight.

But jokes aside it is just shitty rock placement on a wicked new black diamond trail. The rock is shaped like an axehead, with the sharp edge hanging out in a rock garden where the line is barey a tyre width. The rock itself is literally now black from all the rubber it is coated in and has claimed dozens of tyres so far in its short existance. Someone is going to pull it out very, very soon I reckon and if it wasn't so busy I would have replaced it myself.

I slashed the side wall on a near new Michellen rear about a year ago. Couldn’t bare to bin it so ordered some fancy leather making Sewing line and hooks with the full intention of resurrecting it.
That was a year ago and the tire and sewing kit are still sitting there.
Good intentions and all. ....
I'll pay postage if you wanna send the sewing kit down my way :D

Jpez

Down on the left!
Mate I'm one of the most aggressive riders you will ever meet. I'm like a drunk bogan at lock out time in Kings Cross, every other rider I meet I challenge to a fight.

But jokes aside it is just shitty rock placement on a wicked new black diamond trail. The rock is shaped like an axehead, with the sharp edge hanging out in a rock garden where the line is barey a tyre width. The rock itself is literally now black from all the rubber it is coated in and has claimed dozens of tyres so far in its short existance. Someone is going to pull it out very, very soon I reckon and if it wasn't so busy I would have replaced it myself.

I'll pay postage if you wanna send the sewing kit down my way :D
No I I’ll get around to it one of these years.

Have you thought re that rock it’s shitty tyre placement? :p

Bugger me. Help my out Mooreballs. Is it tyre or tire?? Can never remember

Binaural

Eats Squid
Repairing high sidewall cuts doesn't seem to have a good track record, but a tyre boot over the top of stitching can do the job if you're lucky. But as repairs go, it's got a non-trivial chance of stranding you somewhere and a messy tube insertion to get home.