What do you use for stopping internal cable rattle?

moorey

call me Mia
Not sure what you consider low cost but your local shop should have some for a few $

I got some foam cable housing from AliExpress, $14 for 1.5m. Took the cables up through the headtube put the foam on, then pulled the cables through the ports. Nice and quiet so far.
I bought some of that stuff from The Odd Spoke. What a PITA to fit through routing ports much smaller than the foam. Took me about 4h to do brake, dropper and gear in front triangle, and brake/gear through rear. Quieted down some, not as much as I’d hoped. I’m on the verge of doing ghetto external.

Alexxx

Likes Dirt
I bought some of that stuff from The Odd Spoke. What a PITA to fit through routing ports much smaller than the foam. Took me about 4h to do brake, dropper and gear in front triangle, and brake/gear through rear. Quieted down some, not as much as I’d hoped. I’m on the verge of doing ghetto external.
It's easier to take off the forks to run the foam then pull the cables back and push them through the ports.
The rattle might be coming from the chainstays, I've had this before and figured it wasn't worth the effort to try and fix it.

moorey

call me Mia
It's easier to take off the forks to run the foam then pull the cables back and push them through the ports.
The rattle might be coming from the chainstays, I've had this before and figured it wasn't worth the effort to try and fix it.
Forks don’t factor in mine. Did the chainstays.

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe it should
OK, so I feed it in 50mm back from HT along the TT, turn it 180 deg, somehow get it fed down the down tube, loop under BB, back up through DT, along the TT, then back out the other end of the TT. Repeat for the brake line. I might need a 2.5m line.
Definitely sounds easier than me foolishly feeding it 40cm directly through TT. I'm an idiot.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
OK, so I feed it in 50mm back from HT along the TT, turn it 180 deg, somehow get it fed down the down tube, loop under BB, back up through DT, along the TT, then back out the other end of the TT. Repeat for the brake line. I might need a 2.5m line.
Definitely sounds easier than me foolishly feeding it 40cm directly through TT. I'm an idiot.
I just skipped to the end.

moorey

call me Mia
Was this for your ENR? (I struggle to keep up with all your bikes ;))? I thought you were talking about a normal bike....
Yes. ENR. Everything else is external, as it should be, including the upcoming bike.....other than Felix's Revel, which has tubing all the way through to prevent the death rattles.