What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a chance to go for a run on a racing skiff then missed out due to a series of last minute cockups. Still want to do that.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Peak Canberra! But no, next time for sure. Funniest thing ever: there is a police boat on this pond, and a yacht club....
Police boat, its like a fucking Jet Cat, do those bastards still have their "Police Jetski's" too
they used to buzz the shore line whenever they saw someone fishing nearby, serious wankers that lot -no time for them!

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Police boat, its like a fucking Jet Cat, do those bastards still have their "Police Jetski's" too
they used to buzz the shore line whenever they saw someone fishing nearby, serious wankers that lot -no time for them!
I haven't seen one yet, will keep an eye out. I guess we need the police to have all this gear just in case a yacht loaded with coke makes a break for open waters...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I haven't seen one yet, will keep an eye out. I guess we need the police to have all this gear just in case a yacht loaded with coke makes a break for open waters...
You guys need your own version of the Lochness monster. A giant inflatable dick 'n balls that only appears when parliament sits after hours or something. Deflates to sit on the bottom so it is undicktectable!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Today was a very strange day.

I firstly came across to two scantly dressed young ladies in the bush that were lost, it's not the type of area you want to be lost in. Half way through my ride I look down at the trail damage done by Motos and find some sort of fossil. At the last descent of the trail, I'm bouncing down the steeps and off of rocks when I find a bloke walking that doesn't want to get off the trail and doesn't even turn his head while carrying a metal detector. I yell a few times while dropping off some rocks and he finally turns his head and jumps out of his skin when he sees me, it was then I realised he was most likely deaf and not a serial killer, I pointed to my ears and he nodded yes.

fossle.jpg

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
But work a bit like a geiger counter with sensitivity and tune. Strong signal, weak signal. I guess you could do it with vibrate and light intensity. I kind of wish you'd stopped to ask now!
I don't know any sign language what so ever, I tried saying hello slowly so that he could have read my lips but I don't think he understood. I just looked at a couple of detectors online and they have LCD displays but I've never used one to know how they work.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Maybe this guy wasn't hearing impaired, but totally focussed on the song of the soil? Or he receives an electronic shock where those who can hear are receiving a beep?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Maybe this guy wasn't hearing impaired, but totally focussed on the song of the soil? Or he receives an electronic shock where those who can hear are receiving a beep?
I'm sure he was deaf, all walkers turn their heads automatically when they hear the buzz of the hope hubs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I spent a chunk of the day repairing a bunch of bikes for a youth centre. Then I built some little jumps with a mate and his kids. We built some trail in the same spot a while ago but some pecker heads have blown out the berms on motorcycles. So fucking annoying! Then I ate some pizza.