What does your day look like?

mtb1611

Seymour
No pic unfortunately, but every school hols a bunch of workmates and I undertake a pub crawl. Locally here in Camden, or The Rocks, Surry Hills, Newtown, Marrickville, we've been doing it for the last 6 years or so.....obviously the current situation rendered this impossible so we caught up via Zoom for a few hours. 16 of us all up, was a good laugh having a few beers and solving the problems of the world, not to mention a fair bit of work-related talk around Covid-induced changes. Not the same as a pub crawl, but still great to catch up with mates.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
Anzac Day sure is strange with no dawn service. Made some Anzac biscuits with the young fella, not sure what else to do now. Maybe I can play him in 2up and teach him about paying his gambling debts before I have to send the heavies around.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ok, lots of alloys and materials used in gts.
This is true. My hunch is based on this one appearing to be the same material as other fan blades and compressor wheels I worked with, which when grinding (for balancing) had the distinctive white "cracking" Ti sparks. That and I've touched it and it hasn't corroded (I've got the acid touch something fierce). Looks different to stainless steel too, but hard to quantify. Lumpier grain in the casting is the closest I can describe it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
So find the exact volume of water it displaced in a tub when fully submerged, weigh it very accurately and report back.

Did some work with ti back on construction days, specifically autogeneous welding of tubes and tube to sheet fillet welding. All by machine and driven by others, I was just an observer. Great material and crazy light. I think I have chucked all my PWPS contact's meishi otherwise I would ask.