What does your day look like?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took the call in the end...of course I went in early. Co-worker who was in to set up etc "vanished". What do you mean? I don't know...I went down to see how he was going and he was gone. I rock up to half a fence and shit scattered everywhere. Will kick off a bit early today as well as the rest of the week is only 3 shifts. I can feel the post Christmas pinch coming on.
Good time to ask for a raise? ;)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Couple of days of running errands all over Melbourne. Canberra has made me soft, I have no tolerance for this sort of traffic anymore… Why anyone would in suburbia Melbourne and have to use a car is beyond me.

I’d live here again, but only very inner city where cars are not required.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Good time to ask for a raise? ;)
I already have a complicated payment arrangement going on. It works out quite well but has caused some questions from management. Reliability comes at a price is a phrase that has echoed the halls recently but is well understood.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Couple of days of running errands all over Melbourne. Canberra has made me soft, I have no tolerance for this sort of traffic anymore… Why anyone would in suburbia Melbourne and have to use a car is beyond me.

We should only be engaging in urban sprawl where effective public transport is a core principle.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
100%

Also where ebikes actually make sense.
Why not? Imagine a network of meaningful mixed public transport servicing the commute from suburban sprawl into the main areas of work...rather than inexplicable spending on redundant overlaps that appear to just be about transitioning public funds to private hands.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

I missed the train I was meant to catch into the city for our work do yesterday. Next train doesn't come for 45 minutes. Fuck, by the time the train arrives, journeys to the city, and I walk where I need to go it'll take ages. Ah well, I'm only 30 minutes from the city in moderate traffic - I'll drive in (bear in mind I haven't been anywhere near the CBD since before COVID).

Thanks to the complete lack of "Roadwork ahead" or "Roadwork on side road" signs, I drove straight into a couple of lots that I otherwise could've easily avoided if I'd known they were there. 1hr15min later (to go 15km) I arrived.

Should've just waited for the train. :rolleyes:

At least the work Christmas do was good.

Flow-Rider

Burner
The common occurrence in Brisbane is to be stuck in peak hour traffic, only to get past a traffic accident where people are rubber necking or there's one machine operating and 5 people pretending to work watching.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Took the call in the end...of course I went in early. Co-worker who was in to set up etc "vanished". What do you mean? I don't know...I went down to see how he was going and he was gone. I rock up to half a fence and shit scattered everywhere. Will kick off a bit early today as well as the rest of the week is only 3 shifts. I can feel the post Christmas pinch coming on.
Sounds like some of the places that I've work at in the past, they do your head in after a while. Once you do it once you'll be expected to do it all the time and other workers will take advantage of it.