What does your day look like?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Ha! I was looking at something quite similar a few moments ago @yuley95 ! I'm getting on a plane home later today. Holidays are always too short.
I’m not sure if it will end up a good or a bad idea but we are making this ‘holiday’ last 6 months by using long service leave, working 2 days a week remotely and sending our kids to school in a small town in Canada (once school starts again in September).

Sounds good in theory but there has already been a few ups and downs (fires in Kelowna were pretty stressful). So far more ups than downs though!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You're lucky to have anything, a few years back Coronet Peak had zero natural snowfall for the whole season.
Well this has been an interesting adventure. It also it my last season in Japan into some perspective! Japan had a pretty ordinary season - down about 25-30% on usual snowfall and an abrupt end thanks to a swiftly warm spring. Yet on the many days I got to the snow there I only had a small number of unpleasant icy ones. He others ranged from powder of unbelievable quality to riding fresh on a few days old. Here was ice, slush, ice, and a day of dust on crust. It has still been fun, but I won't rush back. And the price!!! Fuck me.

I’m not sure if it will end up a good or a bad idea but we are making this ‘holiday’ last 6 months by using long service leave, working 2 days a week remotely and sending our kids to school in a small town in Canada (once school starts again in September).

Sounds good in theory but there has already been a few ups and downs (fires in Kelowna were pretty stressful). So far more ups than downs though!

You should have left the kids here in boarding school! Otherwise it sounds like a great idea.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Went out to Lakeside for the afternoon, a mate had his RD400 track bike and his FZR400 for a shakedown. Sadly the RD had a front brake issue that will need addressing. Brake was spongyform encephalitis so we bled it. Nice firm lever but the old BSE came back. Must be something else going on. Some serious bikes and riders... A couple of very nice old beasts.

Nothing says Lakeside quite like a faded PJ sign at the carousel...

And some fun post processing

There is a smooth (ish) line through the carousel for the cars but the bikes really cop it there and at the top of hungry. No way I would take a bike around there. But I am a sook.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Site work tomorrow in Sydney, so due to the "NO OT" directive from the bean-cunters, today was "travel to accommodation day".

4 Northies pints later I've signed up to 350km for Starlight's September bike ride fund-raiser.

I've never ridden 350km in a month. LOL.

I will this September though.