What does your day look like?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Few happy snaps from the last week.

William Golding Lookout, Gladstone

Bustard Bay Lookout, Seventeen Seventy

Point Cartwright, Mooloolaba

And I don't know if it is an Old Bird, or is just painted like an Old Bird, but this Tin Chicken was parked at Maroochydore Airport this morning.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

And I don't know if it is an Old Bird, or is just painted like an Old Bird, but this Tin Chicken was parked at Maroochydore Airport this morning.

Wrong thread, you're needed over here:
The Photo Snob Thread :)

#1 is like the postcard scene, but #4 is the pick of the bunch for me. Could hang that one on the wall.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

I have very many photos of 1770 and Agnes that look like that. Nice spot except North of the springs the sand flies are so thick they strip the flesh to the bone in ms.
Next time you are in Bundy you should look at alternate business opportunities.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
IMG20230705163939~2.jpg

Not today...yesterday. end of the breakwall for some sunset whale watching before dinner. I was not disappointed! Plenty of whale action and a pretty sunset.

I've been seeing heaps of whales this season, way more than usual. It is going to be fucking chaos when they emerge from the water to rule the earth! Also seeing heaps of boats that either don't know or ignore the distance rules for whales and get up nice and close or just power straight through them. I spoke with some older colleagues who have lived and surfed here forever about whale sightings. They all advise that for most of their life there was no whales, or a very rare freak sighting of 1 or 2 a year. I don't remember there being much of a whale watching scene until about 10 or 15 years ago. I can't believe we let our defensive edge slip away!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I thought it was the dolphins we were worried about?

View attachment 400996
Nah those sex mad horn dogs aren't a threat. They bring us love ....of a dolphin kind. The whales are alien larvae. We will be their food before their parents return. All those lost alien technology sites are real. We are in trouble. And whatever you do, don't put a poppler in your mouth at fishy Joe's!

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Got back from a 3 day hike in the Grampians. Walked a small section of the Grampians Peaks Trail, a 13 day long track partially built by Dirt Art. We were perhaps foolhardy to try this in winter but we gave it a rip and were rewarded with a drizzly day 1 (and some spectacular waterfalls), a clear day 2 and a mostly clear day 3 with rain in the last half hour of the hike. I can't recommend this walk enough, the scenery is stunning and about every 6 minutes I'd stop with an 'oh wow' moment. It's a grade 4 so a decent walk and you do need to book and pay for tent sites. There are communal cabins at each camp site with tank water or if you're a bit more well heeled you can pay the $1800 per person (!) for a catered experience (for 2 nights).

Day 1 waterfall

20230704_152212.jpg

Day 2 scenery
20230705_093020.jpg

Day 3 scenery
20230706_112212.jpg

indica

Serial flasher
Still under warranty...
Throttle body replaced...
Hyundai person "that will be no charge, we replaced the throttle body"
Me "yes, thanks, did you clear all the other engine codes? There were 5 and I left the print out from the auto electrician on the seat"
Hyundai person "we are Hyundai and run our own tests"
Me "all good, but did you fix everything"
Hyundai person "we cleared the error and fixed the issue"

500kms later - fucking 4 more errors.
Forum search has fix... fucking idiots. Car towed back again.

(ABS fault)

PXL_20230706_183737402.jpg