What does your day look like?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Had a lurgy for 10 days, turned into a nasty cough and snot, now just coughing up green balls. No ride in 6 days but good to get out and back to my usual seat to flush the germs away ;)

Realised these DH Conti's are very susceptible to pressure, the ultra stiff sidewalls need low pressures and that can be dingy easily on an eeb going hard over rocks, on the ups and downs.

The happy place is 22 front and 23 rear so I've done a load of researching liners over the last week and ordered 2 x Vittoria Airliner inserts from ZeeGees, not the $120 each price they are here, got 2 for less than that.
Interestingly found out that Cushcore is primarily a bead locker, not so much (or good) at stopping dinged rims... and hard to fit on tight rim/tyre combos.

PXL_20231024_052350295~2.jpg

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Had a lurgy for 10 days, turned into a nasty cough and snot, now just coughing up green balls. No ride in 6 days but good to get out and back to my usual seat to flush the germs away ;)

Realised these DH Conti's are very susceptible to pressure, the ultra stiff sidewalls need low pressures and that can be dingy easily on an eeb going hard over rocks, on the ups and downs.

The happy place is 22 front and 23 rear so I've done a load of researching liners over the last week and ordered 2 x Vittoria Airliner inserts from ZeeGees, not the $120 each price they are here, got 2 for less than that.
Interestingly found out that Cushcore is primarily a bead locker, not so much (or good) at stopping dinged rims... and hard to fit on tight rim/tyre combos.

View attachment 403785
Put some air in the back tyre you eejit.

Vittoria airliner are good for about 20 minutes then they stretch and rattle inside your tyres :D (that was my experience).

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Put some air in the back tyre you eejit.

Vittoria airliner are good for about 20 minutes then they stretch and rattle inside your tyres :D (that was my experience).
Might drown out the rattle of the chainring on my Bosch motor :rolleyes:

I got a few 'non rattle' tips, cut shorter and make it a tight fit as it may stretch a little. Easily tightened as it's the only joinable liner out there.

Jabubu

let you google that for me

I got a few 'non rattle' tips, cut shorter and make it a tight fit as it may stretch a little. Easily tightened as it's the only joinable liner out there.
Sounds very similar to the Nukeproof ARD.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

Easily tightened after removing the Continental DH tyres LMAO

The fine line of nipping up that cable tie juuuust a little bit more.....then the bastard rips the liner. Yep been there.

I still think the Ochain might help slightly with the Bosch motor rattle....I'm too broke for now to buy one though :D

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Back to work after Derby trip… sigh.

Had a blast though. Shuttles with UDA. In town hit up the pizza joint, Cafe, Distillery, Dorset was booked out (oh well).

Riding wise - A couple of days shuttling black stump. One day out to Blue Tier and Atlas.

The runs I keep reliving in my mind:
- Air ya goin (cleared the step down after working up to it, that ‘little’ feature suffers from GoPro effect I tell you. Top to bottom. So much fun).
- Big Chook (bottom of blue tier, possibly my favourite trail. Want to go back and shuttle it)
- Flickety sticks (but not a fan of the ride back to car park from the exit)
- Detonate (yes, left some elbow skin on the boulder, then hooted my way down the somewhat sketchy rocky bits. Once was enough for now. Rode it, but less enjoyable than other trails for me).

It’s more pedally than I was led to believe. But I can see why everyone forgets that part. I almost have…

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Back to work after Derby trip… sigh.

Had a blast though. Shuttles with UDA. In town hit up the pizza joint, Cafe, Distillery, Dorset was booked out (oh well).

Riding wise - A couple of days shuttling black stump. One day out to Blue Tier and Atlas.

The runs I keep reliving in my mind:
- Air ya goin (cleared the step down after working up to it, that ‘little’ feature suffers from GoPro effect I tell you. Top to bottom. So much fun).
- Big Chook (bottom of blue tier, possibly my favourite trail. Want to go back and shuttle it)
- Flickety sticks (but not a fan of the ride back to car park from the exit)
- Detonate (yes, left some elbow skin on the boulder, then hooted my way down the somewhat sketchy rocky bits. Once was enough for now. Rode it, but less enjoyable than other trails for me).

It’s more pedally than I was led to believe. But I can see why everyone forgets that part. I almost have…
I reckon someone could make decent money by selling follow-me drone footage of people's runs. Imagine capturing your ride on a track like Air ya goin.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I reckon someone could make decent money by selling follow-me drone footage of people's runs. Imagine capturing your ride on a track like Air ya goin.
There’s trail cam shots you can buy. The drone would keep hitting me in the back of the head as I baulk on the big features though…

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Even worse when you want to remove the tyre. Pain in the f'ckin' arse.

And despite what your adopted state says, that shotglass is not a fricking Pint, as you should well know with your heritage! :p