What does your day look like?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Gonna strip the paint in that area, just to make sure.

Hopefully it is just typical shitty Transition paint, but definitely not looking promising.
I would do the same mate, paint a thin line of paint stripper on it and get a clean look at it. Possibly looks like the weld has moved.

Good pick up, when #2 son broke his first Canyon frame, we found 3 serious cracks on the broken frame, all in different places.

If its nothing, stick a piece of thin black or carbon fibre tape over it and heat it on to blend with the frame/weld shape.

Shitty situation.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I would do the same mate, paint a thin line of paint stripper on it and get a clean look at it. Possibly looks like the weld has moved.

Good pick up, when #2 son broke his first Canyon frame, we found 3 serious cracks on the broken frame, all in different places.

If its nothing, stick a piece of thin black or carbon fibre tape over it and heat it on to blend with the frame/weld shape.

Shitty situation.
If it's not a crack I'm going strip the whole frame and clear coat it.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If it's not a crack I'm going strip the whole frame and clear coat it.
I had very similar on a carbon fatbike frame that was making a creaking noise, I swore it was the BB and swapped it 3 times... lots of BSA30 Cinch spares now. I painted a 5mm line where the crease was, revealed a separation and sent it to the chi manufacturer. They sent me another frame after a year of use.
I put a little piece of white carbon tape over the stripped crack area and it was unnoticeable, then replaced it with the new frame when it came.
I rode that frame across the Simpson with the crack on it and knowing it was there, it was never going to cause an issue on a bike that was planted on the sand but good CS anyhow.
Go easy to start and see what you reveal.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Gonna strip the paint in that area, just to make sure.

Hopefully it is just typical shitty Transition paint, but definitely not looking promising.
Well flicked an email to Transition, guy seems to think it is just clear coat cracking. Paint stripper will confirm either way

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Following on from a truly shit day yesterday...

Time to grease up the mower deck, well a bit overtime really. Couldn't find my nice MacNaught grease gun. Hmmmm. Not in the usual several places. #1 advised that he was using it at a mate's place and likely left it there accidentally, will grab it on the weekend. Not happy Vanessa. Anyway can always find a use for another grease gun. By now it is after hours so dropped into Bunnings and bought a Kinchrome clone of the good MacNaught one. Fill it with grease and it won't bleed. Followed the destructions and a video and there is a big old air pocket in the pump unit somewhere. Pulled it all apart and spooned grease into the pump and reassembled. Still nfg though it did work long enough to do one shaft bearing. Repeat process and look again at the Kinchrome video. See comments where about half the people say what a shit design it is and won't bleed properly. The thing has three bleed points (!) AND the hose connection. Work out lowest to highest and bleed/pump/scream at each. Barely a fart from two. Ahhhh. Success go to fill the next bearing and after 3 pumps it is all flaccid again. Almost angry by now. Repeat all that shit and it farts a little bit of air. Anyways it seems to be working and I go back to the second bearing. Go to remove the gun and it wont release. Cannot really get enough angle on the nipple due to the design of the shaft and pulley but off it comes. Go to fit it to the next bearing and oh dear the nipple is still in the nozzle. Close look and the nipple has sheared off at the top of the thread. Getting mildly pissed by now. Remove knackered nipple and do the rest of the bearings. Back to the broken one, grab the ezyout and find the right one is broked. WTF! Next size up fits ok and despite being loving and gentle just strips out the centre of what is left of the nipple. Too dark now to worry. Repair is to strip the blade off and pull the assembly and drill and tap to suit. Or grab another shaft if it isn't $34M like most Kubota parts.

Faaarrrrrkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Following on from a truly shit day yesterday...

Time to grease up the mower deck, well a bit overtime really. Couldn't find my nice MacNaught grease gun. Hmmmm. Not in the usual several places. #1 advised that he was using it at a mate's place and likely left it there accidentally, will grab it on the weekend. Not happy Vanessa. Anyway can always find a use for another grease gun. By now it is after hours so dropped into Bunnings and bought a Kinchrome clone of the good MacNaught one. Fill it with grease and it won't bleed. Followed the destructions and a video and there is a big old air pocket in the pump unit somewhere. Pulled it all apart and spooned grease into the pump and reassembled. Still nfg though it did work long enough to do one shaft bearing. Repeat process and look again at the Kinchrome video. See comments where about half the people say what a shit design it is and won't bleed properly. The thing has three bleed points (!) AND the hose connection. Work out lowest to highest and bleed/pump/scream at each. Barely a fart from two. Ahhhh. Success go to fill the next bearing and after 3 pumps it is all flaccid again. Almost angry by now. Repeat all that shit and it farts a little bit of air. Anyways it seems to be working and I go back to the second bearing. Go to remove the gun and it wont release. Cannot really get enough angle on the nipple due to the design of the shaft and pulley but off it comes. Go to fit it to the next bearing and oh dear the nipple is still in the nozzle. Close look and the nipple has sheared off at the top of the thread. Getting mildly pissed by now. Remove knackered nipple and do the rest of the bearings. Back to the broken one, grab the ezyout and find the right one is broked. WTF! Next size up fits ok and despite being loving and gentle just strips out the centre of what is left of the nipple. Too dark now to worry. Repair is to strip the blade off and pull the assembly and drill and tap to suit. Or grab another shaft if it isn't $34M like most Kubota parts.

Faaarrrrrkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, you have to slightly unscrew the tips on the cheap nozzles to get them to release sometimes.

These grease guns here work well for the price if you're near a totaltools.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m sure Cardy has MANY stories of fucked up grease nipple dramas on AG equipment, I sure learnt some colourful language from my grandfather on the farm when I was a young buck helping him grease the baler and tractors during baling season.

Especially when I left the packet of grease nipples out in the paddock one time….

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
An update!

I lifted the deck to maximum height and dropped off the drive belt. Only losing two fingers. Undo the bigone nut on the top with the electric ugga dugga to remove the pulley and while I was looking for some levers the driveshaft and blade fell out! Win! Removed the blade with a biggerone nut and left with just the shaft. Up to the lathe hiho!!

And discovered that the remnants of the grease nipple are made from veryfuckinghard material and my drills are only made from fuckinghard material. Three different drills later and back to finding a new shaft. A few years back I swapped out the deck on a mate's identical tractor after he munched the midmount gearbox and found a whole deck was cheaper than a new gearbox. As an aside dear reader the gearbox design is shite. The pto drive comes into a bevel gear which in turn spins another turning almost horizontal spinning into vertical spinning which then turns all the blades. The design of the box is that it holds about 1L of gear oil. Multiple bearings and the gears are lubricated by this oil. The shaft runs through the bottom relying on an oil seal to keep the lube in. That seal dries out, gets sad and leaks all the oil away. If you are dexterous enough and have 7 mirrors you can check the oil level but only on a Thursday in May. When we put the new box in I replaced the bottom bearing with a sealed unit. Filled the intervening space with grease and then fitted two new seals. I did this also to mine. Anyway I contacted said mate and sure enough he had the bits in a plastic box. A water tight plastic box... With about 100mm of water in it to prove its watertightness. After a clean up the only problem was the blade retaining bolt would not screw into the base of the shaft due to several years of oxidation. Easy tap the bugger out. Everyone has an M10x1.0 tap????? Yes????? Luckily my mate the mechanic had one and now it is bad together and I only lost two fingers getting the belt back on.