What does your day look like?

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fuck no...I made that mistake once flying home from Japan, but slippers not uggs. My feet were very quickly a grimy mess. I have long flown in thongs because my feet don't like shoes on the plane, but a (pilot) friend convinced me that was a bad idea - in the unlikely event of an emergency, your feet are going to get trampled pretty bad. Now i fly in loose shoes and slip them off once I am seated. I slip them on when I leave the seat.
Loose sneakers and fluffy socks. Easy to slip on when going to the loo etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
What a great day! Spent the afternoon riding with a 74 year old friend (he used to be an accommodation partner). He is still a rocket on snow and a total pirate! Early last season he was taken out by an out of control snowboarder resulting in a dislocated shoulder, so he was all "just remember I'm 74 and have only just got back on snow after last year's crash..." so I let him pick where we rode and set the pace. 3 laps of some pretty tame green stuff to warm up and boom! We are blasting at maximum speed down some chopped up lumps of pow and ice (chowder) with near no viz in a snow storm. He is laying some flat ski carves, dragging either hand as he goes, smashing snow out of trees with his stocks, full stick jerry slalom down a green run packed with accidents waiting to happen, spraying everyone (i ate some shit in a comical way attempting a 360 nose roll, fyi 270 heel edge is the bad spot to run out of spin, and before im up he has burried me in a wall of snow)! Then we're having coffee and he is making sure I'm doing the right things with my work and money (super, savings, investments, don't over stretch on equity...keep buying toys). Was a great day.

Nothing puts a smile on people's faces like the snow does. Something about it draws out your inner child.

20240223_134135~2.jpg

Here he is throwing shade about my custard arm throwing some weak snowballs.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
In a significant swing from too warm for a snowman to freezing the balls off a brass monkey, the last 3 days have featured some pretty interesting weather. It has been consistently cold in the days (-5⁰c or lower) then much much colder at night with light (way too light for me) snow fall all day and all night, but also a lot of moisture in the air causing significant build up of hoar frost. There has also been some wind at night adding the uncommon sideways build up of snow into the mix. Everything webt from looking on the verge of spring to looking like real winter overnight. It is very beautiful. It is also a bit fun. Following from my post yesterday about being a bit of a menace with my 74 year old (going on 15) friend, I was ripping hoar frost out of trees and off poles all day. I swear it was an accident...but I was riding it off these poles (so much fun) when I hear people below getting covered in my mischief! Ripped a few more to be sure.

20240224_135035_exported_8366~2.jpg

The snow itself has hit that awkward stage where there is a very hard crust from freezing the recent unseasonal warm spell under what is now around about 20cm of dry crisp perfect Japow. What is needed is about 40cm to lift up off that base so I can get back into the trees without shitting my pants about hitting one of them. Groomers are in good form though and I'm trying to learn some tricks for riding them (barely touched them until covid). Today I did spin a nice almost 360 nose roll...I'll no doubt have this dialled by the time I finish on snow and the rest of my life will be balls deep in powder.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Finally enough snow to get into the trees and not grind icy base on every turn and...I'm moving towns this afternoon. It is coming down hard right now, so really looking forward to moving in the snow.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Out in the yard last night just after dusk and saw a skynet, I mean starlink satellite launch.

Never seen one before, pretty cool. Showed the missus and she said "what the hell is that?".

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Sanding back plasterboard joins where a tradie plastered over wallpaper… So much sanding to expose to joints to get the paper out. And then realising he’d left a floating butt joint with no support, so now I’m just going to have to rip out the whole section he installed and redo from scratch. So glad I paid him money to do that…