What does your day look like?

mark22

Likes Dirt
Sanding back plasterboard joins where a tradie plastered over wallpaper… So much sanding to expose to joints to get the paper out. And then realising he’d left a floating butt joint with no support, so now I’m just going to have to rip out the whole section he installed and redo from scratch. So glad I paid him money to do that…
Assuming you mean vertical joint, answer is yep unless you can access the joint from behind and backblock it.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Assuming you mean vertical joint, answer is yep unless you can access the joint from behind and backblock it.
Nope, no access. He’d just taped it and slathered on a shit tonne of compound and crossed his fingers :(

Oh well, it’s not rocket surgery to rip it out and redo, just annoying.

PJO

in me vL comy
Nope, no access. He’d just taped it and slathered on a shit tonne of compound and crossed his fingers :(

Oh well, it’s not rocket surgery to rip it out and redo, just annoying.
Sounds like you're discovering the joys of renovating the old housing stock in Tassie.

Haakon

Sounds like you're discovering the joys of renovating the old housing stock in Tassie.
So many joys. Am finding a lot of “interesting” choices were made by the builders back in the 60s!! Taught myself to do plasterboard and cornices on the toilet, a room where I can live with imperfections and a small job where it wasn’t a big deal to redo the bits I messed up :) So it’s a little annoying to find out I did a far better job as a complete noob than the bloke I paid a fair amount to did in the lounge room.

New toilet and new copper supply plumbing all went in without any major hitches though.

Haakon

Update2: they have lost the truck and loader after a bigger loader came to visit. They do have some impressive wheel ruts.
My uncle has a wheat farm out the back of Esperance in WA, and once did the classic trick of bogging his ute, then his small tractor, then his big one, then his harvester - all in a neat row. Eventually got the council come past with their bulldozer :)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It started off sunny, the first sunny day of march, then it got a little warmish, and now as things close for the day there is snow...lots of it.