What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Neighbours alerted me to a large branch coming down overnight. Not near the fence or anything but in the way. I have decided I need a bigger chainsaw. My little electric one is great, now to get its much biggerer brother.

Minlak

custom titis
Apparently many breeds of snake are suckers for sweetened condensed milk, making a partially opened can with the lid pushed ever so slightly in a great way to trap them. Apparently the snake pushes their head into the can under the "flap" to enjoy the condensed milk lining the can, but can't get their head back out on account of the "flap" trapping them. Apparently a snake in such a predicament is easy to handle and relocate with a very cautious removal of the can.

While you are waiting for the snake to give in to deliciousness you can enjoy yourself a cup or three of refreshing Vietnamese coffee. There's no point wasting all that sweetened condensed milk!
Have I got a story for you then -

When I was working on the fruit orchard the guy (Terry) that lived in the onsite accommodation kept seeing a large brown snake around the dwelling - He too had heard that snakes liked milk so he made an elaborate container on top of a rat trap and set the trap ready to catch the snake.
As luck would have it I was running fertiliser the next day and ran over a large brown snake as I was turning around the end row (In my defence I didn't see it until it was too late and was not deliberate) - however when a great opportunity presents what else are you supposed to do - I collected the snake and placed it in his trap that he had at his door - When he returned for his lunch he absolutely shit himself - He came over the shed as he is terrified of snakes and I casually walked over and removed it for him - He was so chuffed that he thought his trap worked and thought I was the bravest man alive as I didn't even check if it was dead before picking it up for him. He never did catch another snake in his trap though - and kept seeing the one around his building.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This baffles me. Do people often blow a tyre right off the rim? Maybe this guy is on the way to get a fresh tyre put on?

mtb1611

Seymour
Previously alluded to gig went ahead last night, bloody great fun with an appropriately constructed set list of singalongs, strategically sequenced to capitalise on the increasing inebriation of the gathered throng. The view from Headlands Hotel at Austinmer wasn't too shabby either, until the rain rolled in.

gig.jpg