what forks for stp1

hubbie

Forever 1,337
yeah i think you need huckinators

Tip: Instead of hucking stairs to flat, try manualling down them. less force on the rims. :D

peteje09

Squid
the store is www.torpedo7.com
they have sold out of the Sherman flick plus forks
the minute 1s have 30mm stanchions
the pikes have 32mm stanchions but it would cost me $584 for the forks and iwould then have to buy a 20mm hub
my budjet is about $600 max
anyone selling some secondhand forks that have travel between 90mm-150mm?
would be greatly appreciated

cheers
jack
:) :)

fiddy

Likes Dirt
where are you based cuz if you live in melb check out brighton cycles, they have a set of pike sl right off an stp0 on special for $400

arpit

Banned
hubbie said:
6ft! argh! that's so bad for your rims and cranks/Bottom Bracket! Don't let other riders see you doing it! :p Hucking to flat is looked down on (especially on hardtails) in the MTB world.
Not great for your knees either. I speak from experience.

arpit

Banned
peteje09 said:
i really want the pike 426s that are 95mm-140mm rather than 110mm-140mm
my current forks are 2004 drop off comps that are incredibly bad. :mad:
They are actually pretty good if you tune em properly, as with any fork.
Any fork will suck if it isn't tuned properly for your weight and riding style.

peteje09

Squid
Have you ever ridden a pair aggresivley street and freeride?
they rebound soooooooooo fast (tried to fix that for 3 months)
they lose air pressure over time and it is impossible to adjust the air pressure to a correct pressure

also they only have 110mm travel fixed which isnt enough for freeride or street and too much for skateparks
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Big_Al

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1. Pikes u-turn
2. Sherman's
3. Marzocchi DJ pro
4. Drip off
Definaly look at the marzocchi website they will have stuff perfectly for you
Happy hunting
Al

arpit

Banned
peteje09 said:
Have you ever ridden a pair aggresivley street and freeride?
they rebound soooooooooo fast (tried to fix that for 3 months)
Yeah I ride em currently

peteje09 said:
they lose air pressure over time and it is impossible to adjust the air pressure to a correct pressure
YEah they do lose pressure over time, but really, thats an attribute which it shares with most bicycle suspension forks. Its easy to adjust the air pressure. Use a shock pump.
peteje09 said:
also they only have 110mm travel fixed which isnt enough for freeride or street and too much for skateparks
I'm of the belief that its not really the amount of travel you have which counts, but the quality of it.
I certainly found the travel of the fork inadequate for the first 8 months. On big hits it'd bottom easily. If I put adequate pressure in there that it didn't, it's then be too hard on small stuff. I fixed it by replacing hte oil. Marzochhi had underfilledthe fork. Increasing the oil volume helped substantially and has resulted in much more progressive travel.

Jimmy401

Likes Dirt
arpit said:
Yeah I ride em currently

YEah they do lose pressure over time, but really, thats an attribute which it shares with most bicycle suspension forks. Its easy to adjust the air pressure. Use a shock pump.

I'm of the belief that its not really the amount of travel you have which counts, but the quality of it.
I certainly found the travel of the fork inadequate for the first 8 months. On big hits it'd bottom easily. If I put adequate pressure in there that it didn't, it's then be too hard on small stuff. I fixed it by replacing hte oil. Marzochhi had underfilledthe fork. Increasing the oil volume helped substantially and has resulted in much more progressive travel.

mmm ok so you would be happy riding street on 8inch triple clmaps i.e monsters?
Jackass, anyway get the pikes i think they would be good value and they work really well with the stip frames.

specialized boy

Likes Dirt
You could also have a quick look at the fireflys they are so sweet. I have a pair 90-130 works a treat for skateys and you can do some freeride on these puppies. Or you could go and get a pair of 05 fireflys plus that are 110-150 check it out on www.torpedo7.com

stpFREEEK

Likes Dirt
i can get a good deal on pike 409s and a 20mm hub from Hubbie
thanks for all your posts they helped a lot

cheers
stpFREEEK
GO BIG OR GO HOME

formerly peteje09

Last edited:

hubbie

Forever 1,337
stpFREEEK said:
i can get a good deal on pike 409s and a 20mm hub from Hubbie
thanks for all your posts they helped a lot

cheers
stpFREEEK
GO BIG OR GO HOME

formerly peteje09
you're not referring to me are you?

Offtopic: why the name change? I warn you of STP and misspelt words in your name. You may cop a bashing

stpFREEEK

Likes Dirt
Yes hubbie if you still have that 20mm hub i think i will buy it soon

i had to change my name etc. because my account screwed up and emails couldnt be open and crap like that

Stp1s are a decent bike, sure they're common but they're cheap and strong plus i've got a 2004 frame painted a weird brown colour so its pretty rare in Perth

hubbie

Forever 1,337
stpFREEEK said:
Yes hubbie if you still have that 20mm hub i think i will buy it soon

i had to change my name etc. because my account screwed up and emails couldnt be open and crap like that

Stp1s are a decent bike, sure they're common but they're cheap and strong plus i've got a 2004 frame painted a weird brown colour so its pretty rare in Perth
i don't have the hub. i just gave you a link to someone selling one.

I'm not bagging STP's. Look at my signature, i own an STP, i'm just saying that the use of STP and the word Freak (which is becoming popular and is spelt hideously wrong) are telltale signs for a loss of respect