What forks to buy?

TheDavo

Squid
G'day newto the whole riding thing and was wonering if i could pick your brains?
I bought a merida matts100 a few months ago. where i was living was not a problem as taree doesn't seem to have much rough tracks. just moved to the blue mountains and have found some awsome trackes but my forks just aren't up to it. i mainly ride trails but enjoy getting into the rough stuff every now and then. so if anybody's got any ideas brands models ect any advice would be awsome

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fox F120 - If you can the 15mm QR is a worthy investment but you may need to change your hub to suit.

TheDavo

Squid
haha i didn't think of that probably would be a better idea. spoze you could get something half decent for around the grand mark second hand?

norgan

Likes Bikes
G'day mate,
I used to ride a fair bit up there, I can tell you about some nice little tracks in and around Springwood/Winmalee.

Personally ever since i went from Fox Ruby and Jett's to my Fox Talas X 32's I have never looked back. I love them!

I got mine for $200 second hand, they go for around a grand new. I know chain reaction have some vanilla's pretty cheap.

TheDavo

Squid
was looking at the talas. $200 bargain. I'v found a few tracks out winmalee. singlesridge, a track out past coles. and a mad track from yellowrock down to the river.any others?

anthonyq

Likes Dirt
for self preference i like rockshox over fox and other brands but its dif for everyone i guess.
i would choose either the reba or recon range with that type of money.